300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conflict of interest...business

I will preface this by saying that my goal is to become a level II volunteer reserve officer when I finish the academy.

Anyway, I am currently a partial owner of a granite countertops business which I'm assuming would not pose a problem . However my business partner and I looking to expand . Its a long shot still as we are still negotiating with the landlord, but we are looking into opening a wings and brew place. We would only serve beer and wine . I know owning a bar is a conflict, but what about what I am proposing? .
    Last edited by ReserveRod; 09-30-2009, 03:35 PM.

You're playing semantics. I don't know about Cali, but you couldn't do it here.

Comment

No go here either. You could volunteer for our agency (well we don't really have volunteers, but if we did you could) while owning an establishment that sells alcohol, but you couldn't volunteer as a LEO. Good luck on your new place though, make good wings and they will come... make bad wings with Texas Pete sauces, and you'll fail miserably.

Comment

thanks. so its the serving of any alcohol even if its a restuarant.

Comment

Contact Alcoholic Beverage Control. I believe the Business and Professions code prohibits them from issuing a liquor license to a peace officer.
          Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

You're a going to be a Reserve. You are not held to that standard. It's your business. There are liquor store owners who are Reserves.

You are putting your carts waaaay before the horse. have the job to live, then worry about reserves.
            Free Deke O'Mally!!!

Comment

The Alabama Dept of Public Safety prohibits Troopers from owning or working in an establishment where alcoholic beverages are sold. You would need to research Calif Law/and the policies of any agency which appointed you as a Reserve Officer.

Comment

Originally posted by District B 13 View Post
                There are liquor store owners who are Reserves.
                I'll bet the ABC license is in their wife's name.
                Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

NO go here...but that is not your question. Since it was answered I thought I would add my state as well.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4786 users online. 284 members and 4502 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X