300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recruitment Question

I have been working and attending college for a Criminal Justice degree. As the economy has degraded I have had to quit school and work full time. I am currently applying to police departments because it is something I planned to do after college but its crunch time now. I meet all the requirements but the one thing that has me concerned is my credit history. My job has cut hours and to survive I have accumulated some bad debt. Will this affect me?

Originally posted by BUBBA1982 View Post
    I have been working and attending college for a Criminal Justice degree. As the economy has degraded I have had to quit school and work full time. I am currently applying to police departments because it is something I planned to do after college but its crunch time now. I meet all the requirements but the one thing that has me concerned is my credit history. My job has cut hours and to survive I have accumulated some bad debt. Will this affect me?
    Short answer: Yes. That said, you deserve a more detailed reply. Most agencies view credit as an indication of an applicant's overall responsibility. The current state of the economy has seriously effected the ability of many people to service their debts, and you seem to be one of those folks. What's going to be critical for you, is the manner in which you're handling your debts at the time you apply. Stated another way, mere indebtedness will not disqualify an applicant. Accounts with a history of late payment, referral to collections, charge offs, are what will negatively impact you. Make every effort to avoid any of these possibilities. Your credit history. both past and current will have to be disclosed, and are subject to investigation. Prior to applying, it might not be a bad idea to check your credit with the three reporting agencies. Reporting errors are fairly common, so you should examine your report carefully. Challenge any errors. Again, be certain, that at the time of your application, you are servicing your debt in a regular manner.Best of luck in all your efforts.

Comment

Thank you

Thank you for your reply it was very helpful and somewhat of a relief. My debt is up-to-date payment wise. So i am current with everything so hopefully this shows whoever my recruiters that I am responsible with my debts.

Comment

Good luck in your endevors. I got hired in this brutal economy.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4787 users online. 239 members and 4548 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X