300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firearm qualifying?

With the economy being what it is........plus my age. I have settled in and have decided to become a Reserve Officer. I believe I have found an agency that has a Reserve Academy in the near future. I have been communicating with a Reserve Officer, asking a lot of questions, he is busy with his regular job, family and all. I don't want to be an annoyance or burn him out.....

So my question....Can someone fill me in on what qualifying actually means? I have a CPL and practice with some regularity. I would like to know what is involved? This agency allows Reserves to use whatever handgun the qualify with.

After I receive the reserve academy training I may try to get on as a reserve with the County....which has a policy... to use Glock 22

Thanks
    Rick

We fire 50 rounds from multiple lines (25, 15, 7, and 3 yards). We have to fire with both hands, strong hand only, and with weak hand only. Also included is tactical and combat reloads. Every stage is timed and you must fire a certain number of rounds in every evolution. You must score 400 out of a possible 500 to qualify.
    Invisible Signature.......FAIL

Comment

What would be the best way to train/practice for qualifying?

Thanks
      Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Rick1t View Post
        What would be the best way to train/practice for qualifying?

Thanks
        Rick
        Where are you? Each State has different courses and some agencies have their own. The State of Florida has a 48 round course for Recruits. And a different course for police officers once they are hired. You could practice the course of fire that you will have to quailfy with and that would help.

I could send you the Florida course of fire if your in Fla.

Be well and stay safe..
        Police Academy Commander
        Lead Firearms Instructor
        35+ years as a cop
        Becoming a Police Officer
        So you think you can do this job?

I accept all private messages requesting help or advice, why else bother to be here?

Comment

question answered. You need to train on a surface that is not in perfect condition since the range will not always be perfect.

Comment

I live in Michigan.......I'm getting a little old to be a sworn officer, at least in this economy......However I am planning on attending a reserve academy this January. I have a CPL....and shoot with some regularity....but I would like more specific ideas on how I can be the best prepared.

Thank for your advice

Rick

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4607 users online. 293 members and 4314 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X