300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are these DGs?

No I'm not going to start off by saying that I robbed a bank.

There are altough few problems that I'm worried about.

Ultimately the worst problem:

1. Once when I was 15 or 16 I threatened to kill myself. It was just a prank (yes definitely not a very smart one *sigh*) and I wrote that I'm going to throw myself under a 18 wheeler near the highway on our school. I was on ninth grade by the time. Of course I wouldn't ever do anything like that. Especially killing yourself in that way would be stupid because it would cause tremendous harm for the truck driver and I think all suicides done in the way that other people get involved are just sick.

So I ordered (or my parents ordered for me, can't remember) this magazine and I was in their forum area in internet and that required registration and you could see the real names of whoever wrote there. So some guys were talking about their hard past and how they almost killed themself (it was a PC gamer magazine btw) so at that time I THOUGHT that I had really tough time (the usual parents divorce, alcoholic parents, school not going well) so I wrote I could waste myself also.

Then this official moderator (also one of the article writes for the magazine) asked and warned that if I was serious he will report it to the police. I said sure I'm serious.

So after like 40 to 60 minutes a police car drove by the town library (no lights or sirens, just happened to see it trough a window) where I was. I had left in the middle of the day from school because I was tired so I said I was sick. The patrol car was coming from the way my old school used to be and was going where I lived and where the highway was. I looked at it and thought "Crap! Did the guy really call the police?" and because I used to live in country and it was rare to see patrol cars there I knew something was going on. It was very rare to see police around there. So I asked the guy in the forum since he was online and he said yes he had to report me.

I was like "Oh crap..." and at the same time my mom called to my cellphone and asked where was I and was everything OK. I thought this is seriously getting out of hands so I told my mom that I'm in the town library. I wrote in the forum that thanks but I'm OK... After another 20 minutes an unmarked police car pulled in the front of the library (I was already waiting for them outside). All I could think of was this is really going to cost me since they actually deployed officers for this. I don't know why I was thinking that but I remember that I did .

So one of the two officers just asked that if everything is OK and was it really a prank. I was so embarrassed and felt like an idiot (which I no doubtly was) and I said yes it was a prank and I'm sorry. The officer shook my hand and they were on their way. My mum came and took me home but she was just like it's not a big deal.

I left the school because I had to change cities because I moved to live with my dad because I wanted to go high school in the city where I was born.

Here you can go home school or normal school in Finland. I chose home schooling for the last few months and I just went back to the old school to finish the final exams for ninth grade and after that it was summer off. Then I normally started high school in Turku city.

I thought everything was going to be fine BUT:

The weird thing is that my very last day in this old school one of my teachers asked that did I get some medication for my "problem". I was so stunned that I said "Er.. Sure" and he was like yeah OK good luck. Never got any "medication" for my "problem" but I guess that they did notify my school about this suicide rampage...

And when I moved to Turku to live with my dad there was another problem ahead. My mum AND my dad wanted me to visit shrink. It was official city's "shrink center" for juveniles and problem childs. The funny part was that the doctor there was really cool. He evaluated me in 10 minutes and said there is nothing wrong with me and he wanted to talk to my parents alone. After like 30 minutes he called me in again and said that (now this was priceless!) the problem seems to be with my parents because they can't communicate with each other. So the doc dismissed me and I walked home (we lived ONE block away from this center but my dad lived there 6 years before this so it wasn't planned ). My dad told me later that the doctor recommended that he and my mum to keep seeing the shrink but I was OK would never have to go back. My dad didn't want to go back there either altough my mum said he and I should.

But later when I was 18 and had to go to the army the nurse in call-up asked me if I had any mental problems because she could see that I had ONE visit to the city mental help center or whatever it's called. She said that she can see on their computer that there is one visit there but it's not specified. I said no I have no mental problems and I want to join and she didn't need no further explanations.

After that I visited the mental care center and spoke with another doctor who told me that they can't remove the visit (against the law) but they can put specification that it was just a rutine check for a child underaged because your parents wanted/ordered you to visit here. I said I guess that will be OK if you can't remove it...

So never have I had any problems with this issue (as far as I know it hasn't affected anything) and I completed my military service in Navy without the subject ever coming up. Also when I used to work as a security guard I got my license and stuff without any problems.

Now I do understand that this was my fault but I still think that my parents did overreact for taking me to see the doc since they said it wasn't a big deal first. And like the doc said they were ones to have issues not me...

Sorry I wrote this so long my I wanted to make sure that I don't get any TIMTTS (There Is More To The Story) So I was wondering would this DG me from being a police officer?

2. I never went to college. Will this be a problem?

BTW I never had any trouble with the law. Only times I ever went to see police is when I found a wallet and another time when I found a backbag with camera, two phones and other expensive stuff and a photo album to police station.

Thanks for your time! Be safe out there!
    Last edited by JAR_fin; 09-23-2009, 05:57 PM.

Originally posted by JAR_fin View Post
    make sure that I don't get any TIMTTS (There Is More To The Story)
    why bother to abbreviate if you were going to write it out anyway??

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Peebody View Post
      why bother to abbreviate if you were going to write it out anyway??
      I'm trying to get that abbreviation to catch on and people don't what it means.

Comment

I'm trying to get that abbreviation to catch on and people don't what it means.
        I hear you're big in Japan.
        sigpic

Comment

Which is the bigger DG number 1 or 2 because college degree is not mandatory right?

Comment

Why are you asking? You're NEVER gonna be a Cop in the US?

And what is a DG?.........Between the 1 and A is the letter Q or doesn't your keyboard have one anymore?
            "a band is blowing Dixie double four time You feel alright when you hear the music ring"

The real deal

Outshined Pujulesfan Bearcat Chitowndet Sgt Slaughter jthorpe M-11 Lt Borelli L-1Sgt CHP Nikk Smurf Presence1 IcecoldblueyesKimble LADEP ateamer ChiCity R.A.B. Jenners IrishMetal GoldBadge willowdared Monkeybomb PhilipCal pullicords Chit2001 Garbageman Narco CruiserClass Fuzz 10-42Trooper Tex4720 irishlad2nv bajakirch OnThe gurmpyirishmanNYIlliniSgtScott31 CityCopDCcgh6366 FJDave

Comment

You're NEVER gonna be a Cop in the US?
              I don't know so thats why I am asking. Seriously I think that I might be one day because you never know. I am only 20 so I it is not like I don't have time to improve.

Sorry about the misspell but I've seen worse in this forum (and not all of them are mine )

Comment

i'm not going to lie....i have no idea what's going on here

Comment

having one of the highest suicide rates in the world, maybe Finland doesn't look as harshly on it? doubtful, but maybe

Comment

Originally posted by bangarang View Post
                    i'm not going to lie....i have no idea what's going on here
                    I live in Finland. I would like to move to USA and work as a police officer.

I want to know if these could disgualify me:

1) Prank internet post where I said that I will kill myself and police was called
                    2) I never went to college

Apparently I am not qualified to work as a police officer in USA because of these reasons. Now I only want to know is it because reason number 1 or 2 or both of them.

Also I used the wrong abbreviation of the word "disqualify" because I typed it "DG" and the correct form would have been "DQ".

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Peebody View Post
                      having one of the highest suicide rates in the world, maybe Finland doesn't look as harshly on it? doubtful, but maybe
                      Well the officers only questioned me about it and army call-up nurse only asked one question about it and I completed my military service time normally and I understand that my medical record (if it shows anymore) says that one rutine visit check wanted by parents. Also I got my security guard license last year normally without any questions about anything so I myself don't see this as a huge problem since I think that the "record" don't show anymore because I'm adult now.

Comment

I live in Finland. I would like to move to USA and work as a police officer.

I want to know if these could disgualify me:

1) Prank internet post where I said that I will kill myself and police was called
                        2) I never went to college

Apparently I am not qualified to work as a police officer in USA because of these reasons. Now I only want to know is it because reason number 1 or 2 or both of them.

Also I used the wrong abbreviation of the word "disqualify" because I typed it "DG" and the correct form would have been "DQ".
                        edit: sorry
                        Last edited by bangarang; 09-23-2009, 11:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by On the sly
                          Then why are you posting here?

ONLY LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS CAN *REPLY* TO POSTS IN 'ASK A COP'
                          All Others BANNED on FIRST Offense
                          oops...sorry

Comment

First let me introduce me to my friend Q.

Second, put down the knife, back away, and STOP BUTCHERING MY LANGUAGE!

Third, I'm definately tossing the BS flag here. Anyone has questions, see his previous posts.
                            Invisible Signature.......FAIL

Comment

You can't be a cop in the US since you aren't a citizen. Secondly, you need to look at each state and see what the minimum qualifications are. In MN you need college.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4811 users online. 290 members and 4521 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X