Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bench press question(s)

Hey all,
    Being in the 18-29 age bracket I need to be able to lift 96% of my body weight.
    I currently can do that but I am wondering about the process for this section of the test.

Are you asked for your weight? Weighed on the spot? Clothed? Stripped?

Also for the bench itself do you start with the bar down needing to complete from a rep. down->up->down or do you start with the bar up and need to go from up->down->up?

Thanks for the information
    -N
    Last edited by NHNSP_ADMIN; 09-23-2009, 08:09 AM.
    The sooner you understand that all your base are belongs to me the better off you will be.

I just took 3 physicals in the last two weeks, all featuring the bench press. I PM'd you.

Comment

start in up position...drop to your chest, (must touch), then back up
      weighed usually with clothes on, (shorts t-shirt)
      "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
      The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
      sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
      Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

In New Hampshire at least as of 2 years ago, the bench press test was performed on an older nautilus horizontal bench press that (obviously) starts in the down position. Some people overthink the bench press and neglect to train for the run. Good luck.

Comment

96% of BW? Most males in their 20s should be able to do that without even training.
          Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

If using free weights it will be 86% body weight and it is lowered to chest and one time up.They use lower weight because the machines factor in fulcrums and leverage based on the Cooper Standards.This is for PA,your states can differ

Comment

Originally posted by ateamer View Post
              96% of BW? Most males in their 20s should be able to do that without even training.
              I'm sure its not a problem. However the bench I am using only has 200lbs on it. I can leave anything to chance.

Also I am closer to 30 than 20 if that makes a difference.
              The sooner you understand that all your base are belongs to me the better off you will be.

Comment

Thank you all for the feed back. I will post how it turns out Sunday evening.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6041 users online. 310 members and 5731 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X