Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

County Sheriff DSO, or Airforce/military?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• County Sheriff DSO, or Airforce/military?

Resolved, removed for OPSEC
    Last edited by SSD; 02-23-2012, 01:12 PM.
    sigpic
    Any and all statements made by this account represent my sole opinion and do not reflect an official opinion, belief, or policy of any department or agency to which I am employed by. Further, I am in no way authorized to speak on behalf of any department or agency.

Right now, your immediate "mission" is to graduate from High School. Many Departments are now requiring several Semester Hours of College, some even degrees. Service in the Armed Forces is almost always a viable option for young people at your stage in life. Service in the Military Police, Master at Arms, and Security Police ,MOS's are not requirements, and often will offer you no discernable advantage when you apply. OTH, honorable service, as evidenced by a Honorable Discharge is a must for Veterans. This can be obtained in any MOS.You'll need to test well in all phases of the hiring process. An Honorable Discharge can often result in the awarding of Veteran's Preference Points(Usually 3-5) in Civil Service written exams.In the meantime, keep your nose clean. Watch who you associate with. Build up a solid work record. You're in an enviable position, don't blow it. Good luck.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4757 users online. 278 members and 4479 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X