300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will my tattoos DQ me?

So I have a lot of tattoo's that I have accrued, mostly during military service, and I'm worried that having them will be looked down upon. They all can be covered except for one at the top of my forearm that is a set of crossed rifles which is the symbol of the Infantry. Will this hold me back from a PD or would it be looked over for being military related? Thanks alot for all of your help guys.

It would depend on the policy of the individual agency, some will DQ for any visible in uniform, some don't care. If you are interested in a PD call them and ask them the policy.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

Really depends on the agency. Some will frown on it, some will give you the option to wear long sleeves, others won't care.
      The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

It depends on your prospectice agency.....mine DQ'd a just returned vet because he had full sleeves......I dig ink, but the job is a professional job and we are viewed ina certain way....some consider visible tattoos "non professional"
        Good Luck
        "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
        The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
        sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
        Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

Originally posted by BlueChord11B View Post
          So I have a lot of tattoo's that I have accrued, mostly during military service, and I'm worried that having them will be looked down upon. They all can be covered except for one at the top of my forearm that is a set of crossed rifles which is the symbol of the Infantry. Will this hold me back from a PD or would it be looked over for being military related? Thanks alot for all of your help guys.
          The answer to your question will have to come from any Department you apply to. The tattoo you refer to, probably won't be a problem, but the official answer depends on agency policy. Some agencies will require that tatoos be covered, some are a little more liberal.

Comment

Most agency's will not DQ you for tattoos as long as you can cover all of them with a class A uniform. Many allow visible forearm tattoos, others require officers with forearm tattoos to wear long sleeve shirts.

Tattoos that likely will prevent one from being hired are: neck, face, or hand tattoos and/or tattoos that are racist or gang related.

Comment

Use the search function.

Comment

i did .. none were specific to military tattoo's

Comment

www.tatjacket.com

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5600 users online. 311 members and 5289 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X