300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Received Provisional Offer from LAPD

As the title states, today I received a "provisional offer of employment as a Los Angeles Police Officer" in the mail. YAY! I have my medical exam and psych test on September 30th, both of which I'm not too worried about. I do, however, have a couple of questions:

#1. I submitted my background packet on July 22nd and some of my references have received and/or sent in the questionnaire about me, but my BI hasn't contacted me yet. Should I just wait till he/she calls me, or should I find out who it is and call? I don't want to be annoying, I know LAPD has tons of candidates.

#2. Along with my provisional offer of employment for LAPD, I also received letters from the Airport Police and the Port Police (in the same envelope). Both basically state that I've been selected to move forward in the process, but nothing concrete stating what I have to do next. Do I just sit tight until they move forward? It was my understanding that they would get their chance at me after LAPD (I checked all 3 agencies on the application/background)

Thanks for the job that all of you LEOs do out there everyday, and for any help you can give me in answering these questions. Stay safe out there.
    LAPD
    Written-PASSED 5/26/09
    PAT-PASSED 7/26/09
    Background submitted 7/22/09
    Polygraph-PASSED 8/27/09
    Oral- PASSED 9/16/09
    Provisional Offer of Employment 9/21/09

CHP
    Written-PASSED 6/20/09
    PAT-PASSED 7/11/09
    QAP-PASSED 7/14/09
    Background submitted 8/28/09

Originally posted by CA50 View Post
    As the title states, today I received a "provisional offer of employment as a Los Angeles Police Officer" in the mail. YAY! I have my medical exam and psych test on September 30th, both of which I'm not too worried about. I do, however, have a couple of questions:

#1. I submitted my background packet on July 22nd and some of my references have received and/or sent in the questionnaire about me, but my BI hasn't contacted me yet. Should I just wait till he/she calls me, or should I find out who it is and call? I don't want to be annoying, I know LAPD has tons of candidates.

#2. Along with my provisional offer of employment for LAPD, I also received letters from the Airport Police and the Port Police (in the same envelope). Both basically state that I've been selected to move forward in the process, but nothing concrete stating what I have to do next. Do I just sit tight until they move forward? It was my understanding that they would get their chance at me after LAPD (I checked all 3 agencies on the application/background)

Thanks for the job that all of you LEOs do out there everyday, and for any help you can give me in answering these questions. Stay safe out there.
    Join us at www.policebackground.net. This is a privately owned website, dedicated to providing information to applicants for LAPD,LAXPD.Harbor Police, and General Services Dept Police. You should have an answer to your questions in a very short period of time.

Comment

I'm going to do that right now. In the mean, lets see your opinions ?
      LAPD
      Written-PASSED 5/26/09
      PAT-PASSED 7/26/09
      Background submitted 7/22/09
      Polygraph-PASSED 8/27/09
      Oral- PASSED 9/16/09
      Provisional Offer of Employment 9/21/09

CHP
      Written-PASSED 6/20/09
      PAT-PASSED 7/11/09
      QAP-PASSED 7/14/09
      Background submitted 8/28/09

Comment

Just keep your pants on for now and see what happens.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6534 users online. 366 members and 6168 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X