Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will it automatically disqualify you if...

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will it automatically disqualify you if...

Will they disqualify you if you file single on your taxes even though you are married? Or they just don't care cause you are paying your taxes?
    You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face...you must do the thing you think you cannot do.

Egotism is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity.

A great many people think they are thinking, when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.

No, tax fraud (a federal felony) means nothing. Why would they make an issue out of that?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by arianna View Post
      Will they disqualify you if you file single on your taxes even though you are married? Or they just don't care cause you are paying your taxes?
      What you claim on your taxes for exemptions and your marrage status are not related. I'm married and claim 1 (me), but I check the married box. But either way unless you've found a way to defraud the IRS of money, which I'm guessing you didn't, no one will care.

Please read a W4, it's all right there.

Now here's the next part. I found you answer to your question in 30 seconds of searching the IRS web site, why didn't you?

Comment

Originally posted by robeans View Post
        What you claim on your taxes for exemptions and your marrage status are not related. I'm married and claim 1 (me), but I check the married box.
        What you did is different, as he's claiming that he checked "single" vice "married." At the very least, that's a violation of 18 USC 1001 (False Official Statements).
        sigpic

Comment

Wait a second, I thought you could file Single even if you were married, because you would actually pay more taxes, and have less withheld, like if your wife had a realy high paying jo, and you did not want to owe that the end of the year.

The other question is did he intentionally file and defruad, or was it a sinple mistake, i.e. checked the wrong box ???

Mistakes can be fixed, but intentional deception is a problem.

Comment

I think you can claim single if you are married. It is the same as claiming married with no children and you have children. You are just taxed at a higher rate.

Comment

Guys, this is NOT fraud. You can choose to file single or married (jointly). It's not lying it's just a way of filing that's called single vs. married. If you said you were married when you were single, yes, that's fraud, but married people file separately all the time.
              Last edited by jakflak; 09-21-2009, 01:21 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

I file separately...no big deal....and I'm married.

Comment

Thanks for the mixed review.
                  You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face...you must do the thing you think you cannot do.

A great many people think they are thinking, when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.

Comment

Originally posted by arianna View Post
                    Thanks for the mixed review.
                    Don't like it? Call the IRS and ask if it illegal.

Comment

If it doesn't work out Obama will hire you as a Czar.
                      Due to the Juvenile bickering and annoying trolling committed by members of this forum I have started an igore list. If your name is listed below I can't see you.

CityCopDC, Fire Moose, Carbonfiberfoot, Damiansolomon

Comment

Is someone kind of bitchy? My goodness. And yes, I liked the comments given to me and also I'm not a democrat. I did not even go into great detail on my question and the assumptions are ridiculous, but thank you anyway. Thank you Thank you Thank you. Oh, I'm a female for those who think I'm a male, but that is your assumption, don't bother asking just assume. Thank you thank you and if you would like to leave some more useless comments to feed to the fire please do so after this post I've took my time wasting for those to read and get irritated and waste your time cause you have nothing better else to do than to make yourself seem better than me thank you thank you for all your comments on this thread. Wow! I'm bored, well I guess I should go criticize another person on here, cause that is what is seems what most people do best here.

Comment

^

If you made your initial post more clear then some of the negative posts could have been avoided.

No need for the attitude.

You'll need much thicker skin if you plan to work in LE.

Comment

I have no attitude. When sending emotionless words on a computer, you do not know what I'm feeling, but again your assumption. Also, no I'm not going to go into great detail, because I thought as LEO's or at least you are claiming you are one would know the answer, but the way you go about giving one an answer seems awfully immature, but hey that is my assumption. I've got thick skin especially being through the military, but you don't know me personally. That's the thing, it is just a question, but you guys including the other majority on here that make themselves look like real [email protected]$$es fascinate me with your ongoing garble of nonsense.
                            Last edited by arianna; 10-01-2009, 09:51 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3813 users online. 234 members and 3579 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X