300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Want To Challenge My Psychological

I Went For A Deputy Sheriff's Position In Which I Held The Same Position At Another Agency For 11 Years And I Also Worked As A Correctional Officer For The State. I Have Taken A Psychological Exam At Least 4 Times So Far And I Never Failed Exept For This One. The Interviewer Called Me A Local Boy And On A Contious Bases Kept Getting My Agency Confused On My Questioning. I Did Not Answer Negatively Because I Knew Better. I Requested For A Review Or A Retest And I Made it Clear What Happen To Me. I Am Afro-american And I Don't Want To file A law Suit But I Do Want A Fair Shake And I Feel It Was Racial. My ? Is Where Do I Go From Here And Do Should I Challenge Them And How? Where Do I Start? I Talk To The Head Of The Agency Who Gave The Test And To The Sheriff's Department With No Luck.
    Last edited by andre967; 09-20-2009, 01:04 AM. Reason: bad spelling

I'd DQ you for capitalizing every fricken letter, horrible grammar, improper sentence structure, and failure to make a complete sentence. My eyeballs are bleeding from your butchering of the English language. Clean up that post and maybe someone will reply.
    In Memory of A Fallen Hero

Comment

sory for the bad grammer and typing it's late and i had a long day

Originally posted by JPSO Recruit View Post
      I'd DQ you for capitalizing every fricken letter, horrible grammar, improper sentence structure, and failure to make a complete sentence. My eyeballs are bleeding from your butchering of the English language. Clean up that post and maybe someone will reply.

Comment

sorry

I butchered my earlier message it's been a long day and I am very tired please try to make the best sense of the mess I made and answer it I am not really that stupid just tired.

Comment

There is no pass-fail on a psychological exam. It measures personality traits and gives indications of mental disorders. I don't know how you would challenge it, you answered the questions and the results are usually computer generated.
          Honesty Pays, Dishonesty Costs, ARE YOU IN DEBT

Comment

Originally posted by andre967 View Post
            I Went For A Deputy Sheriff's Position In Which I Held The Same Position At Another Agency For 11 Years And I Also Worked As A Correctional Officer For The State.
            And you don't know that answer to your question? I don't believe that you have even 11 days as a janitior in a LE agency, never mind as a deputy or CO.

I Have Taken A Psychological Exam At Least 4 Times So Far And I Never Failed Exept For This One.
            Well maybe you are crazy now... ever think of that? What is really crazy is that you think that we are buying your line AND that anyone would consider hiring you with your writing skills.

I Requested For A Review Or A Retest And I Made it Clear What Happen To Me.
            So you do know the answer to your question. Problem solved.

I Am Afro-american
            What does your hair style have to do with anything?

And I Don't Want To file A law Suit But I Do Want A Fair Shake And I Feel It Was Racial.
            Same reason you get stopped on traffic violations.

My? Is Where Do I Go From Here And Do Should I Challenge Them And How? Where Do I Start? I Talk To The Head Of The Agency Who Gave The Test And To The Sheriff's Department With No Luck.
            I no F'ing clue what it is you just said.

Comment

yes and no

yes I was honest yes I am in debt but I've always had debt taking care of a now deceased mother and I had to finish raising a disabled sibling and I have wife and kids but I never was even tempted to do anything dishonest I would just pick upa part-time job and keep it moving

Comment

yes I was honest yes I am in debt but I've always had debt taking care of a now deceased mother and I had to finish raising a disabled sibling and I have wife and kids but I never was even tempted to do anything dishonest I would just pick upa part-time job and keep it moving

WHAT!? Who said anything about honesty, debt or family issues?

Do you hear voices and wear tin foil hats too?
                Last edited by LT Dangle; 09-20-2009, 08:33 AM. Reason: Because I can

Comment

Do you really want to work somewhere that you had to pull the race card to get hired.

Also, how did you make it to the psych with grammar like that? If you look at the bottom of your keyboard and go 2 to the right of M there's this thing called a period. It would benefit you greatly to find out what thats for.

You may wanna picka uppa anudder part time joba.
                  Last edited by leesrt; 09-20-2009, 02:57 AM.
                  Due to the Juvenile bickering and annoying trolling committed by members of this forum I have started an igore list. If your name is listed below I can't see you.

CityCopDC, Fire Moose, Carbonfiberfoot, Damiansolomon

Comment

You'll need to inquire as to whether or not you can do this. I'm referring to taking a second Psych Exam at your own expense. This can be a "crap shoot" as the Agency to which you applied would probably be under no obligation to accept the results of a second exam. It's also possible you could fail the second test.As has been noted, the Psych Exam is pretty much a pass/fail, and I'm not aware of any provision(s) for an appeal. Quite often, agencies will tell the Psychologist the type candidate they're looking for, and the Psychologist will administer an exam which reflects those values. This is another way of saying that you can "fail" one Department's Psych exam, and pass one for a different agency.

Comment

FWIW, these are the psych dimension many agencies use when evaluating candidates. http://www.post.ca.gov/selection/psy...cal-traits.pdf

Take a look and see how you fit to those standards.

Appeal processes will vary from agency to agency Often, a candidate who is found psychologically unsuitable is given the opportunity to submit an independent evaluation for consideration. Usually, the candidate notifies the department that he is seeking an independent opinion and the department make available a list of peace officer duties, powers, demands, and working conditions and the medical screening requirements to the second physician.

Other information, such as specific procedures or findings from the initial evaluation, may be shared with the second-opinion evaluator at the discretion of the department. The means for resolving discrepancies in evaluations is at the discretion of the department, consistent with local personnel policies and/or rules.
                      Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

I would agree with L-1. I've never heard of anybody challenging a test though. I've heard of many that have flunked out and our boss won't hire anybody who has flunked before.

Comment

You get rejected from one agency and you immediately want to file a law suit thinking it has to do with the fact you are"Afro-american"?

Did it ever occur to you that you don't have the psychological traits that agency wants in a candidate? You are not entitled to anything, regardless of your past experience, or past performance on similar tests. I suggest you move along and apply elsewhere. I personally have been rejected at more than half a dozen agencies, and not once did I ever feel that I was entitled to the job, and that I would sue
                          Those who believe, ye shall receive.

Comment

Your evaluation wasn't anything like this was it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2e3T...eature=related

Comment

I would go ahead and sue. It's obvious that they are racists and that you are just what the agency is looking for. I feel that you have the exact attributes that are needed.

If you sue and win, you will be a Chief or Sheriff in no time as they can't keep you from promoting since it would be racism.

Go for it!
                              Free Deke O'Mally!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3583 users online. 133 members and 3450 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X