Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nbock951
    replied
    unfortunately reserve academy is nothing like the full academy. Mostly basics I believe. More like security officer training I believe.
    At least in Genesee County
    Last edited by nbock951; 09-19-2009, 08:06 PM. Reason: left out info

Leave a comment:

• Kimble
    replied
    Originally posted by nbock951 View Post
    I'm wondering if anyone here is or has experience as a reserve officer, what if it has helped them into a full time career position as a LEO.
    If anyone has any extra info about Genesee County's Reserves that would be great as well.
    Can't speak for Genesee County, or any agencies in MI, but I started out as a reserve before going full-time. Glad I did, I took a $10k pay cut to become a cop, and knew I was making the right move because I had been a reserve for 2 years and knew what I was getting into. If the training for reserves in MI is equivalent to full-time officers, that will certainly help, too.

Leave a comment:

• nbock951
    started a topic Voluntary Reserve questions

Voluntary Reserve questions

This coming week I will be submitting my application for the Genesee County Sheriff Reserves. Its a strictly voluntary program, and being that my job here in Flint has put me down to part time, I figured it couldnt be a better time to go back to school and finish up my degree. After running to low on cash to pay for school for a couple years, I have rekindled that LEO ember burning in my chest.
    I am currently awaiting my ccw to come back from the state, as I was interested in working some part time armed guard position. And in that came across someone talking of the county reserves, so I did a little research and talked to county, I figure what a great way to gain some invaluable experience, as well as rub elbows with the right people.
    I can only assume that having reserve experience could only help me in pursuit of a career in LE.
    I'm wondering if anyone here is or has experience as a reserve officer, what if it has helped them into a full time career position as a LEO.
    If anyone has any extra info about Genesee County's Reserves that would be great as well.
    thanks

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3052 users online. 213 members and 2839 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X