300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woohoo!!

Hi all; long time lurker, second time poster. I got the call today from one department I've been in the process with since February (the waiting really was the hardest part) asking, "When do you want to start?" I can't say what an awesome feeling that was. It's been a long process, and I'm eager to get my career started.

Also, I want to say thanks to everyone who has been so helpful in answering questions and providing guidance to those of us in the process. Though I haven't asked any questions, I have reaped the benefits of advice and knowledge passed on from others. Thanks especially to Guams, M-11, and Shadow Warrior for their stickies and in depth insight regarding the hiring process; priceless information there. Honorable mentions to PhilipCal, Keith M., and others (I'm sure I'm leaving out some of the major players, sorry), but thanks goes out to everyone who has provided insight into the selection process from their perspectives.

As to the department that hired me, I'm super stoked about it, and feel it's going to be a good fit for me. My start date is next month, and the academy will be in January.

Wish me luck!

D.

Congratulations ,the very best of luck!!

Comment

Congratulations, man! I've been applying to places since April, so I can sympathize with you on how hard it is to sit around and wait for news. I hope you don't mind me asking, but what department are you going to be working for? Best of luck to you in your new career!

Comment

Congratulations! Be safe and good luck!
        Sworn on September 22, 2010

Comment

Congratulations and best of luck!

Comment

Good job. What about my help? I feel left out.

Comment

Thanks all. Sorry sigcopper, I debated over naming names because I knew I would leave folks out- no harm meant. I have garnered a lot from your posts, as well as L-1, and many, many others whose names escape me. Whether it was recruiting knowledge, or insight into the job itself, all of you (even the trolls in many cases) have been immensely helpful. I'll keep lurking until I have something to contribute.

Audit, as to the department I'm privileged to work for, it's Roswell PD.

D.

Comment

Just joking with you. Keep up the good work. Make sure and buy your FTO lunch, LISTEN to what your FTO's have to say, do what your FTO's say and ask good questions. I saw Stevie Nicks in your fine town last summer. Where is Roswell?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4497 users online. 271 members and 4226 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X