300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question-reapplying

Three years ago I applied with a local department and was turned down. Going on memory here, I think it was because of one question that failed me on the polygraph. I had gotten as far as to receive the conditional offer of empolyment.

Anyway, is it a bad idea to reapply to a department three years later? Should I try elsewhere? Just looking for advice, no smart comments needed, please. Thanks.

If its a no go, should I try other departments?

I say reapply. I attempted with my current agency three times before I was hired (four total applications). I also tried twice with another agency and wasn't hired there at all. It's about persistence. If it's a goal that you want, you'll do what's necessary. Good luck.
    Invisible Signature.......FAIL

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. Just out of curiosity...how does having military police in ones background effect their chances? Is it a plus?

Comment

won't hurt, but I wouldn't say it's a plus either...
        It's not the will to win that matters...everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters.
        Paul "Bear" Bryant

Comment

Re-apply.MP service isn't really a leg up. You'll need to test well.

Comment

Reapply. Unless they told you not to apply again, you still have a shot in the process.

Comment

The first time I applied at my dream agency, two years ago, I was outclassed by people with more impressive resumes. Now after working my *** of for the last 2 years, few have a resume that can touch mine. I am just waiting for them to end their hiring freeze. What I am saying is that a lot can change in a few years, and you should reapply.
              Those who believe, ye shall receive.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5005 users online. 289 members and 4716 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X