300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prior Arrest Question

I was arrested 18 years ago for possession of Marijuana. I asked the lawyer what the official resolution was and he said the case was dismissed. I went to the town in which it happened, filled out a form for a records check and it did not show anything.

One application I have says "Have you ever been convicted of a crime?" and that's it. If you have you need to give more details and explain. I would of course tell someone it happened if they ask, but I assume if it doesn't ask for it, don't put it?

How much dope was it? Do you have any idea why it was dismissed? Is the atty still in business? If it was flat out dismissed (say on a motion,) you are correct in that you have never been convicted. That said, an arrest for a personal amount of MJ 18 years ago isn't that big of a deal.
    Last edited by just joe; 09-12-2009, 07:43 PM.

Comment

agreed, just be honest when asked
      "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
      The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
      sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
      Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

Originally posted by 469881Q View Post
        I was arrested 18 years ago for possession of Marijuana. I asked the lawyer what the official resolution was and he said the case was dismissed. I went to the town in which it happened, filled out a form for a records check and it did not show anything.

One application I have says "Have you ever been convicted of a crime?" and that's it. If you have you need to give more details and explain. I would of course tell someone it happened if they ask, but I assume if it doesn't ask for it, don't put it?
        Disclose the fact that you were arrested, and that the charge was dismissed.

Comment

Not a big deal at all, disclose it and be done with it. Hiding it will cause you a lot more headaches.

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipCal View Post
            Disclose the fact that you were arrested, and that the charge was dismissed.
            That's the thing, would I disclose it before even being asked? I have nothing at all to hide but all the application says is "Have you ever been convicted of a crime?" I haven't.

If someone asked me, of course I would say something. But on this application I see nowhere it would appropriate to put it.

Comment

I'd say you answered your own question. You are at the application phase and not the background phase. You state the charge was dismissed therefore you have not been convicted. If it were me, I wouldn't list it. There will come another time where you will be asked about police contacts. Then tell what happened.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6057 users online. 366 members and 5691 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X