300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Speeding Tickets and Accidents

A question on the app I'm filling out now asks for a complete history of tickets and accidents, along with dates, towns, descriptions, etc.

I've gotten I think 3 tickets in my life dating back to over 17 years ago. Same with accidents; I had a couple minor fender benders one my fault one mutual dating back about 15 years ago or more.

At the sake of sounding ignorant, I have really no idea what the dates were or even the year really. I have an idea of what towns they were in, but I mean do people really remember the details 17 years ago?

Also - I called DMV and their records only go back 10 years. I went to each town PD which I thought I got the tickets in and they have no record. Lastly, I called my insurance company and they have no record of any moving violations.

I don't know what else I can do that shows I made every effort to get this information however it was so long ago I don't remember.
    Last edited by 469881Q; 09-09-2009, 03:31 PM.

Originally posted by 469881Q View Post
    A question on the app I'm filling out now asks for a complete history of tickets and accidents, along with dates, towns, descriptions, etc.

I've gotten I think 3 tickets in my life dating back to over 17 years ago. Same with accidents; I had a couple minor fender benders one my fault one mutual dating back about 15 years ago or more.

At the sake of sounding ignorant, I have really no idea what the dates were or even the year really. I have an idea of what towns they were in, but I mean do people really remember the details 17 years ago?

Also - I called DMV and their records only go back 10 years. I went to each town PD which I thought I got the tickets in and they have no record. Lastly, I called my insurance company and they have no record of any moving violations.

I don't know what else I can do that shows I made every effort to get this information however it was so long ago I don't remember.
    Come as close as you can to the dates/ circumstances. While DMV/Insurance records go back 5-7 years, Background Investigators have the ability to search records which are off-line. Don't let that cause you to lose any sleep, simply do the best you can. You can also annotate the response with "to the best of my memory". It shouldn't be a problem.

Comment

See if you can narrow down the time frame as to when these events happened such as, "when I was in high school, I got a ticket" "when I was in college, I got into an accident" etc.

Just explain to the angency you applied why you can't remember the exact dates and that you did your own background check of sorts.

Comment

Excellent advice, thank you!

I can't believe I got a ticket 17 years ago, am I that old??? I see most questions on this forum are from people in their early 20's; never thought I'd be one of the oldest applicants in the pool.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5503 users online. 308 members and 5195 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X