Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• non-US Citizen?

Hello everybody,

It has been a while since I've posted, but I re-evaluated my life and am still very interested in Law Enforcement.

My main question however is that I am only a Permanent Resident, and am not sure if you have to be a US Citizen in order to become a LEO.

My other main concern is my chances, I only have a GED with 17 college credits in Computer Technology, I owned my own company and am currently employed by a Boat Manufacturer in Shipping and Receiving.

My criminal history is basically null, and I don't have any druse use beside trying marijuana once when I was 16 (I am 23 now).

Thank you in advance for any responses.

With the exception of the California Highway Patrol, you are good to go with any California police agency, provided that you are a permanent resident alien who is eligible for and has applied for United States citizenship.
    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Well, I am not eligible *yet* to become a US Citizen. I will be however 3 years from the date I got married (which would be November 2011).

Comment

Alabama agencies require an applicant to be a U.S, Citizen.

Comment

Originally posted by n4rb View Post
          Hello everybody,

It has been a while since I've posted, but I re-evaluated my life and am still very interested in Law Enforcement.

My main question however is that I am only a Permanent Resident, and am not sure if you have to be a US Citizen in order to become a LEO.

My other main concern is my chances, I only have a GED with 17 college credits in Computer Technology, I owned my own company and am currently employed by a Boat Manufacturer in Shipping and Receiving.

My criminal history is basically null, and I don't have any druse use beside trying marijuana once when I was 16 (I am 23 now).

Thank you in advance for any responses.
          Your current resume will not get you noticed in the current economic climate.

Join the Army (3 year hitch). Specifically the Infantry (or combat arms). Get assigned to a BCT and get overseas.

This will speed up your citizenship, get you real resume building experiences (vs shipping and receiving), and will get you VP if you go federal (don't know about VP in state, county or city Jobs).

Also it will get you some college money and the training counts for college credit.
          "From now until the end of the world, we and it shall be remembered. We few, we Band of Brothers. For he who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." - William Shakespeare ("King Henry V")

Comment

Florida you must be a US Citizen.

Scouts advice is the best of the lot so far. I agree (former 3rd ID myself, Rock of the Marne!")
            Police Academy Commander
            Lead Firearms Instructor
            35+ years as a cop
            Becoming a Police Officer
            So you think you can do this job?

I accept all private messages requesting help or advice, why else bother to be here?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6387 users online. 342 members and 6045 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X