300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How will this effect me?

I was just pulled over for speeding. It was my fault, and I don't know why I was speeding, I just didn't think about the speed limit I guess. I ended up doing 40 in a 30. The officer was very nice about it, just gave me a warning, on paper, and said I was going a little too fast and to slow it down. I thanked him and went home.

How bad is that going to look for me? I've had one oral warning for lack of insurance before, but this is my first written warn, and it's kind of getting to me. I know it was my fault, and I accept that. I'm just a little freaked out, because I've only got 2 years left of school before I apply.
    sigpic

Getting a warning ticket two years before you apply for a position will have no affect on your ability to get hired. Your driving record will be taken into consideration, but warnings don't count.

If getting a warning is enough to freak you out then from now on obey the speed limit and you'll have nothing to worry about

Comment

I would not lose ANY sleep over a written warning for a motor vehilce violation.

You might be asked on a polygraph and or personal history statement if you were stopped for a motor vehilce violation and got a warning. If so, then tell the truth.

BTW, I can't believe you were stopped for doing 10mph over. I don't even bother stopping people unless they are doing 15-20mph over.

Comment

Mention it if asked. It isn't going to be a problem, relax.

Comment

This will cause you no problems.
          I have neither the time, nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide, and then questions the manner by which I provide it. I'd rather you just said thank you, and went on your way!

They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. But I find it somewhat... distasteful. To be given credit for work that's not mine. Especially inferior work.

sigpic

Comment

Good Gosh a warning! Your fine, don't make mountains out of mole hills!! I have never seen a application with have you ever gotten any warnings as one of the questions. Your fine, relax..

http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=109844
            Police Academy Commander
            Lead Firearms Instructor
            35+ years as a cop
            Becoming a Police Officer
            So you think you can do this job?

I accept all private messages requesting help or advice, why else bother to be here?

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowWarrior View Post
              Good Gosh a warning! Your fine, don't make mountains out of mole hills!! I have never seen a application with have you ever gotten any warnings as one of the questions. Your fine, relax..

http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=109844
              I'm with you. I've never seen that!
              Most people fail because they trade what they want MOST, for what they want at the MOMENT.

The heart is deceitful above all things and desperately wicked, WHO can know it?
              -Jeremiah 17:9

Is it any surprise that cops don't trust anyone?

Comment

If you are freaked out about a warning then maybe police work isn't for you. Relax and don't get your undies in such a bundle.

Comment

Sorry, Sigcopper, if I come off as a bit rude.

But I think I have a right to be a little paranoid on occasion. When I'm ignorant of the consequences of an action that could have the potential to throw a wrench in a plan I've been formulating for about 4 years now. I'd rather "freak out" about something and end up fine, than find out that it could effect me in the future. That's called being cautious and I don't appreciate your insinuations that "Police work isn't for" me. That said, thanks for your...words of confidence.
                  sigpic

Comment

Kyle- you really need to relax, man. If you are freaked out about a written warning what are you going to do the first time you screw up and the boss comes down on you? This was kind of tongue and cheek and you get all defensive. Gee whiz. You got a warning. If you were formulating this plan for 4 years, why did you put yourself in the position to possibly get a ticket then?

Comment

Don't worry about it Sig, had a bad day...or series of days.
                      sigpic

Comment

Wow, good luck handling extreme stressful situations on the street.

Comment

Your ok. even if it was a ticket, 2 years later, you'd be ok.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5988 users online. 357 members and 5631 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X