300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Want An Opportunity...

I am 28 years old and over the past year or so have really become interested in becoming a police officer in Texas... DFW area.

I have taken two tests and two physicals and have past both only to realize that I am on a list with 200 other people for 5 positions available in the next fiscal year and the list is only good for 1 year.

The departments I have attempted to get on with are very good departments but smaller ones (Smaller than Dallas and Arlington and Irving.. ext).

I really have the burn to become a police officer but have found it very difficult to get a legitimate shot at getting on with a department as a new recruit.

I have a bachelor's degree with a B average in college and I am in great physical shape and have never had any background problems and have never taken any form of drugs... I also have a very good work ethic and background and good credit..

Does anyone have any tips for making my desire of becoming a police officer a reality?

Should I try to get on at a larger department first such as Arlington, Dallas, or Irving?

Just want to have an opportunity to serve and to protect others in a team environment and to start a new career that is going somewhere and doing something a little bigger than the corporate rat race.

Thanks in advance for responses.
    Last edited by mabbott; 09-08-2009, 11:05 AM.

Apply everywhere if you truely desire a job in Law Enforcement.
    "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

Thanks for input...

I have also applied for Arlington, Dallas, Mesquite, Allen, Flower Mound, Frisco, McKinney, Irving, and Plano... Even went the Fed route and tested for US Customs and Border Patrol Officer and passed so I'm on that list as well.

Thanks I guess I need to be patient and keep applying until I get an opportunity.

Comment

Do you speak Spanish?

Comment

Spanish...

No I don't speak Spanish but I could learn if it would help my chances...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6101 users online. 325 members and 5776 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X