Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I sit down with a recruiter to discuss background issues before app?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PhilipCal
    replied
    Originally posted by novemberclass View Post
    I have (as Im sure everyone else has also) possible problems with my background and wanted to know if sitting down with the recruiter and laying it all out is a good idea, or if it would lead to unnecessary self incrimination or tainting of my chances. I have a friend who went through an academy and got picked up by a local agency and he had to tell a couple lies to do that. So hes advised me to lie about certain things also but I dont feel good about that because its lying, and if it were to be discovered later i would surely get canned.
    Would the recruiter be appreciative of my upfront honesty is discussing things or would it just be self incrimination and my app get disregarded?
    I'd be very wary of keeping company with a person who lied to get hired. He may be the rare individual who pulls that off, but there's always a better than average chance he'll be found out. In most agencies, that's an automatic dismissal. Even Civil Service Departments. Not knowing what's in your background, it's difficult to advise you in depth. I suggest you look closely at the requirements of any agency which interests you. Examine the requirements honestly against your background, and see if you even qualify. Certainly, you could speak to a Recruiter to see if it's worth your time, and the Department's for you to apply. I wouldn't even consider lying. Not for one nano second. Should you attempt it, you'll have about a 99.9% chance of being discovered. That happens, you're toast.

Leave a comment:

• Should I sit down with a recruiter to discuss background issues before app?

I have (as Im sure everyone else has also) possible problems with my background and wanted to know if sitting down with the recruiter and laying it all out is a good idea, or if it would lead to unnecessary self incrimination or tainting of my chances. I have a friend who went through an academy and got picked up by a local agency and he had to tell a couple lies to do that. So hes advised me to lie about certain things also but I dont feel good about that because its lying, and if it were to be discovered later i would surely get canned.
    Would the recruiter be appreciative of my upfront honesty is discussing things or would it just be self incrimination and my app get disregarded?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6216 users online. 344 members and 5872 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X