300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some interview questions that I have.

I have a couple of questions that I want to ask and I hope that someone could help me out.

I will be going to the Wisconsin Department of Corrections test this week. If you pass the test you go for a 3 member panel for an interview. I just have some questions that have been running through my head ever since I got the information in the mail.

Since it's a test, interview type day would jeans and a dress shirt work if I pass and make it to the interview process?

If I make it into the interview process when I walk in should I walk up to the 3 member panel introduce myself and shake their hands before sitting?

I know when sitting in the chair make sure I don't fiddle with my hands, don't tap my feet and sit straight up in the chair.

I remember at one point in time on here I think that someone had a whole guide on what and what not to do. I couldn't find it and I guess I was just looking for a little re-assurance you could say.

Thanks for the help in advance. I hope someone could help me out!

Post Deleted Sent Pm

Comment

Originally posted by GWahl View Post
      I have a couple of questions that I want to ask and I hope that someone could help me out.

I will be going to the Wisconsin Department of Corrections test this week. If you pass the test you go for a 3 member panel for an interview. I just have some questions that have been running through my head ever since I got the information in the mail.

Since it's a test, interview type day would jeans and a dress shirt work if I pass and make it to the interview process?

If I make it into the interview process when I walk in should I walk up to the 3 member panel introduce myself and shake their hands before sitting?

I know when sitting in the chair make sure I don't fiddle with my hands, don't tap my feet and sit straight up in the chair.

I remember at one point in time on here I think that someone had a whole guide on what and what not to do. I couldn't find it and I guess I was just looking for a little re-assurance you could say.

Thanks for the help in advance. I hope someone could help me out!
      A complete hiring process of how to becoming a police officer is included in this book. I used this book and passed w/high scores. Highly recommended.

http://www.amazon.com/Become-Peace-O.../dp/1412058198

Comment

This may be what you are looking for

But it pertains more to general law enforcement rather than corrections.

In many cases the oral interview is conducted by a panel consisting of the head of the department, department staff and/or human resources personnel, and often covers the following six categories:

Experience – assesses your ability and experience in accepting responsibilities and performing assigned tasks as demonstrated through achievements in work, school, and other activities.

Problem Solving – assesses your reasoning skills in developing timely, logical responses to a wide variety of situations and problems.

Communication Skills – assesses your oral communications skills, which includes speaking, listening, and non-verbal communication.

Interest/Motivation – addresses your interest in and preparedness for the peace officer job. It includes an assessment of your general level of interest, initiative, and goal orientation.

Interpersonal Skills – assesses many facets, such as social knowledge/appropriateness, social insight, empathy, social influence, social self-regulation, sociability, team orientation, social self-confidence, conflict management skills, and negotiating skills.

Community Involvement/Awareness – focuses specifically on your experiences and interest in community issues, as well as your interest in and ability to fill multiple roles and serve a diverse community.

These six categories are covered in http://www.post.ca.gov/selection/S&E...uide-final.asp

This document is designed to assist agencies in the conduct of the interview; however, candidates may find some of the information useful. While it is a publication prepared for use by California agencies, the standards employed are fairly universal for most police departments.

The oral interview is a “professional” interview, which you should adequately prepare yourself for. Here are some basic steps in preparing for the interview:

Do your research – learn about the department, the job, the community, current law enforcement issues within the community

Dress appropriately – remember that this is a “professional” interview

Be prepared – arrive about 15 minutes early; plan and/or drive your route ahead of time; allow for delays due to traffic, parking, etc.

Remain calm – interviews are inherently stressful; however, if you have prepared yourself, you should be able to relax and enjoy the interview process

Be gracious – at the end of the interview, take time to thank each interviewer and shake their hand

This is a rough guide in preparing for the interview. It is in your best interest to conduct your own research to determine what would work best for you and the specific position you are seeking.
        Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Definitely not jeans. I thought this was common sense. You wear a suit to an interview! You only have one chance to make a first impression.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6478 users online. 355 members and 6123 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X