300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Psycho

Hello everyone, I am a certifiable candidate in Michigan. I have passed three backgrounds and made it to one psychological, (written), only 185 questions, with no head shrinker interview. I answered it honestly, and looked at each question on its own but I failed it.

Ok here is the question; I talked to several officers here in Michigan. They said that the test I took is looking to see if I am aggressive.

For example, if I were walking down a street would I rather look at building being built, or a picture of a painting. I picked building. The officer said that says that I may have aggressive tendencies. No, to me, I am very mechanical in nature; I fix my own vehicles and home, and have a heck of a set of tools.

Again, Would I rather go out on the town or stay at home and work on a hobby. I said hobby. I guess they are looking for outgoing. Hey, what if I am at home working on my uniform, working out, or cleaning my gun for the next day.

I guess I am just upset, and I need to vent!!!

The officers told me to answer opposite of what I would normally??? However, as you can see that causes an internal conflict that will bug me forever, especially if I pass a psycho that way. If I do not pass, then I would just go back to the old way of taking it.

I have always been dominant in stressful situations (I know from my police academy experience and Marine Corps. I mean I did not make captain in the academy by being non-aggressive; I usually end up the leader of a group. I mean does that make me agressive or just a natural leader.

What do you officers suggest I do? I upset that this psycho test determines whether I would be a good officer or not.

I'm not going to attempt to advise you on how to take a Psych Test.
    I do know you can fail one, go across the street and pass another one. What you might consider doing is taking the exam at a Doctor or Psychologist of your choosing. That also means at your expense. Before doing this, you'd want to see if the agency you applied to,will accept the results of the second examination. There is the risk you'll fail a second exam, but there's also the chance you'll pass it. Check into that, see if it can be done. Good luck.

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What he said.
      "I would rather live one day as a Lion, than a thousand years as a Sheep."

Comment

Perhaps you should consider your "failing the psych" in another fashion. That would be that you "did not meet the psychological standards of the department for which you tested." What's the difference?

Without knowing anything about the agency involved, perhaps it is one who wants candidates who will think and act only as instructed and trained, whereas another agency wants cadidates who can think outside the box and come up with new ideas and solutions to problems. Agencies can tell a testing Pshrink "what they're looking for in a candidate."

185 questions? That wouldn't make a dent in the psych testings I went through. My suggestion? Don't give up yet. Keep trying elsewhere.
        "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

Thanks for your time

Comment

My test consisted of over 2000 questions and a shrink interview.

Comment

Man, LOL, it is not looking so good for me. Most test are 500 or more and I cannot pass 185. I just need to get in front of someone, my strong point I know will be the oral boards, I feel comfortable being blasted with questions and someone trying to rattle my cage, it is where I hold my bearing and mitigate stress.

Comment

First, most psych tests are over 500+ questions, to see if you have the patience and psychological makeup to get through what seems like a "silly and repetititous" 500+ question exam.

Second, again, (IMO) 185 is not enough questions to evaluate you.

Thirdly, again, you did not meet the psych eval requirements for the first department for which you tested. You might take the same test, answering the same questions in the same manner and discover that another agency, out there, who would love to have employees like you.
                "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

Like the others, I've never heard of a 185 question psych test either. Here is what most psych exams look for http://www.post.ca.gov/selection/psy...cal-traits.pdf
                  Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by L-1 View Post
                    Like the others, I've never heard of a 185 question psych test either. Here is what most psych exams look for http://www.post.ca.gov/selection/psy...cal-traits.pdf
                    Thanks L-1, I am going to definitely review that informantion.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6532 users online. 351 members and 6181 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X