300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAPD dq question

to make a long story short i passed pasadena pd but was not selected so i tried out for lapd. first poly was inconclusive and second couldnt pass a question so they asked me what could be the reason and i mentioned coworker took 10 bucks couple of times from work for lunch, manager new about it i said which she did and said it was ok. so i get a dq letter saying breach of integrity and honesty.

says if i appeal and get denied it shows as a dq or if i do nothing then it will show as withdrawl. he told me regardless i cannot apply again unless i appeal. should i appeal or just look elsewhere to appply or basically im just out of luck and cannot pursue l.e. any further. i dont want to make another mistake please help.

should i just not do anything and apply elsewhere or
    appeal and explain myself i didnt know the question correctly since i did not physically take the money, i know blaming on others still is a red flag but what else can i do.

thanks

Many of the Deps and Officers I work with along with myself have been dqed before in other processes before they made it. I have no problem explaining to other agencies as to why. It is what it is. If you truly want to be in this field, realize you may not get on right away, this is a perfect example. Appeal if you want, or apply to Torrance or Inglewood.

If you know what you are worth, then go out and get what you are worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hits. That is how you become successful, through never quitting.

Comment

so if i appeal and they dq me you suggest me applying to torrance or inglewood? LASD was another option but are they hiring and do you think because i was dqed at lapd i would automatically not get looked at by other agencies.

Comment

Originally posted by socali914 View Post
        to make a long story short i passed pasadena pd but was not selected so i tried out for lapd. first poly was inconclusive and second couldnt pass a question so they asked me what could be the reason and i mentioned coworker took 10 bucks couple of times from work for lunch, manager new about it i said which she did and said it was ok. so i get a dq letter saying breach of integrity and honesty.

says if i appeal and get denied it shows as a dq or if i do nothing then it will show as withdrawl. he told me regardless i cannot apply again unless i appeal. should i appeal or just look elsewhere to appply or basically im just out of luck and cannot pursue l.e. any further. i dont want to make another mistake please help.

should i just not do anything and apply elsewhere or
        appeal and explain myself i didnt know the question correctly since i did not physically take the money, i know blaming on others still is a red flag but what else can i do.

thanks
        I'm going to suggest you visit www.policebackground.net. This is a website designed to assist candidates with questions about the LAPD hiring process. It is a privately owned site, not affiliated with the City of Los Angeles. Hopefully, they can assist you.

Comment

I was 30 years with LAPD, my nephew was DQ'ed because he quit (at the same moment as he was fired from) his job as a retail sales supervisor and knew that an employee had taken items w/o paying and did nothing about it.

I know that LAPD has DQ'ed other employees' relatives for things like (1) used fake ID's to drink, (2) smoked no dope, yet had dope-smoking/dealing roommates.

I suggest you try elsewhere, especially in these tight hiring times. LAPD can be very, very, very picky in who they take in these days.
          "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4228 users online. 234 members and 3994 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X