Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is having multiple jobs at one time a bad thing?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is having multiple jobs at one time a bad thing?

The question I have is having multipe jobs at one time a bad thing in a background investigation? The reason I ask is that I hold a couple of jobs now to help payoff some debt to improve my credit. I had recently completed a background packet and realized I have had 17 jobs in the past 10 years. One time in my life I held 5 jobs at one time to help pay for school, that also included my volunteer work and coaching. I also ask would you include officiating sports as an employer?

Thanks for any advice and you can PM your responses. I would greatly appreciate the honest truth from anyone.

Originally posted by CPD2K24 View Post
    The question I have is having multipe jobs at one time a bad thing in a background investigation? The reason I ask is that I hold a couple of jobs now to help payoff some debt to improve my credit. I had recently completed a background packet and realized I have had 17 jobs in the past 10 years. One time in my life I held 5 jobs at one time to help pay for school, that also included my volunteer work and coaching. I also ask would you include officiating sports as an employer?

Thanks for any advice and you can PM your responses. I would greatly appreciate the honest truth from anyone.
    What you're doing has probably become more of a neccessity in the current economy.The only potential problem I see, is the state of your credit. That's simply a guess, and it's important that you work to reduce your debt, or at least keep it current. If you're recieving pay for officiating, I'd list that as part time employment. OTH, if it's strictly volunteer(no pay) there'd be no need to list it.

Comment

The officiating is paid, I have been doing it for 12 seasons and went to a professional school for it (tried to do it as a profession). My credit is not good, but trying to correct my problems. Making arrangements with creditors to payoff. My biggest debt is student loans, and I have just consolidated them to make them more managable.

Comment

Biggest think with you credit is to have everything at least being current. Having debt collectors calling is very bad. You have big credit card bills but as long as you are making the payments I wouldn't sweat, just keep working on getting them down.

Comment

Thank you for the advice!

Comment

I sure hope not, I work 4 jobs right now....
            Seriously, the only reason I wanted to be a cop was so I could post anywhere on this forum.

Comment

Having multiple jobs is probably not a bad thing. Have you stayed at your primary employer very long?

And have you considered a debt management program for the credit cards? Speaking from personal experience, a debt management program managed by a reputable company can lower your interest rates and help you get out of debe in an orderly way.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6257 users online. 369 members and 5888 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X