300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Were they planning on telling me?

Is it often that you will not be informed of your elimination from a hiring process and your "rejection letter" is finding out through the grapevine that the academy has started and you're not in it? Because that just happened to me. The academy is 10 days away and I haven't heard a word one way or the other since March, even though last time I called (about 2 months ago) they said "if you haven't received a letter, you're still in." I'm confused. Were they planning on telling us if we didn't make it? Is this common?
    "If the police have to come get you, they're bringing an @$$ kicking with them!"
    -Chris Rock

Originally posted by GangGreen712 View Post
    Is it often that you will not be informed of your elimination from a hiring process and your "rejection letter" is finding out through the grapevine that the academy has started and you're not in it? Because that just happened to me. The academy is 10 days away and I haven't heard a word one way or the other since March, even though last time I called (about 2 months ago) they said "if you haven't received a letter, you're still in." I'm confused. Were they planning on telling us if we didn't make it? Is this common?
    There will always be another academy. Just because one started doesn't mean you are not still in the process.

My department has people starting the academy every 3 months. When your hiring process is all done, you will be schedule for the next academy.

Good luck!
    http://www.truepolicestories.net - my website of all my stories as a police officer. Please read it and become a member!

Comment

Originally posted by GangGreen712 View Post
      The great majority of Departments will inform an applicant if they're no longer in the running. I can't speak specifically for the agency you applied to, but they're probably in that majority . My suggestion is this. I fully understand your anxiety, and I realize the Academy start date is iminent. If you haven't heard anything by midweek, give the agency a call.

Comment

Most agencies hire in the order of your overall test scores. (Highest score gets picked up first, next highest score gets picked up second, etc.) It could well be that your test scores weren't high enough for you to be reachable for this academy.
        Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Wouldn't your question be best answered if you made it directly to your BI or the agency where you are applying?

Somehow I don't see anyone on these forums being able to answer it!!!!
          Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

^^^^+1^^^^
            It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

I was told by the agency that I now work for that I was hired about 12 days before the academy class started. One of my classmates in the academy was informed that he was hired just a few days before the academy started.

I understand your frustration and anxiety, but dont' give up just yet.

Comment

Originally posted by SgtCHP View Post
                Wouldn't your question be best answered if you made it directly to your BI or the agency where you are applying?

Somehow I don't see anyone on these forums being able to answer it!!!!
                Been trying to get a hold of the guy in the know . A lot going on the department I guess and he's not been available and I figured it's best not to call and leave messages every day.

Called my BI today and she said she doesn't really know of my status but that if I didn't get a letter, I'm most likely still in. I don't know what good it will do, though, since the list, I understand, is only good for one year, and it started in January.

I found out on their website that all hires have been made already. This department does have its own academy, but it does send recruits to other, nearby academies and the state POST academy occasionally.

I dunno, all in all, I'm confused.
                "If the police have to come get you, they're bringing an @$$ kicking with them!"
                -Chris Rock

Comment

I got a rejection letter that said maybe next time. Which I incorrectly assumed meant no chance at all of getting the job. Well about four months later I got a call asking if I was still interested. I'm still working for the same department.

So you may not get in this academy class but there is always the next one.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3208 users online. 158 members and 3050 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X