300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Application Process Questions

Hi, I am currently a freshman in college. I have been filling out numerous applications to different departments but havent sent any in yet. I am extremely nervous about not getting hired, is that normal? I am an Eagle Scout, will that help on the application that much? What about letters of reccomendation, will they help me at all? Any general advice that I can get will help me out. Thanks for all of the help!

Originally posted by bdeloach View Post
    Hi, I am currently a freshman in college. I have been filling out numerous applications to different departments but havent sent any in yet. I am extremely nervous about not getting hired, is that normal? I am an Eagle Scout, will that help on the application that much? What about letters of reccomendation, will they help me at all? Any general advice that I can get will help me out. Thanks for all of the help!
    Being an Eagle Scout and having letters of recommendation are OK, but you'll need considerably more than that to be hired. Here's what I mean. Should you apply to a Civil Service agency, it will be neccessary for you to score sufficiently high on the written exam to be placed on an Eligibility Register. 70% is a minimum passing grade on written exams, but to have a reasonable chance of being hired, a score in the high eighties to nineties is a must. You'll also have to successfully pass the PAT, a comprehensive Background investigation, Polygraph Exam, possibly a Physc Exam, and a Physical Exam, and an Oral Board. OK, I don't wish to sound discouraging, and your Eagle Scout status is an accomplishment you'll be proud of for the rest of your life. It's simply going to be imperative that you compete well in all phases of the examination/hiring process. Good luck.

Comment

You should be worried about not getting hired. LE is a tough field to get into, especially with the current lay offs and hiring freezes that are going on right now.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10704 users online. 525 members and 10179 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X