300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• psych appeals. Who's who?

I often read on these forums about people appealing the psych if the initial test/oral resulted in DQ. When one appeals the psych, are you appealing to the hiring agency or to the original psych doctor who DQ'd you to change their mind? If the latter, it would seem that this would never happen. It would be as if the doctor is saying, "Oh yeah, I was wrong and this new opinion knows better that me." Seems as though the new test/oral results would have to be directed towards the agency and convincing them to take this new test (the one you paid for) over the initial result.. Either way, it seems as though there would be a conflict.

Originally posted by avaand View Post
    I often read on these forums about people appealing the psych if the initial test/oral resulted in DQ. When one appeals the psych, are you appealing to the hiring agency or to the original psych doctor who DQ'd you to change their mind? If the latter, it would seem that this would never happen. It would be as if the doctor is saying, "Oh yeah, I was wrong and this new opinion knows better that me." Seems as though the new test/oral results would have to be directed towards the agency and convincing them to take this new test (the one you paid for) over the initial result.. Either way, it seems as though there would be a conflict.
    Neither. You usually file an appeal with the agency that oversees civil service for the city, county or state agency you are applying with. For example, if you get DQed during some phase of the process with CHP, you file an appeal with the State Personnel Board. Get DQed by LAPD and you would appeal to City of Los Angeles, Civil Service Commission.
    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7996 users online. 424 members and 7572 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X