Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st meeting with BI...

Hi everyone,

After completing the written and physical fitness test on September 6th, and turning in my personal history statement, I had my first meeting with my BI today. It was a very informal interview, he just had a few questions about my background, job history, etc. Nothing too major, and he seemed like he was going to recommended me, or a the least, there was nothing major in the PHS that would auto-dq me.

My only question is, he said that he would write down the facts, info, and pass it along to the chiefs in the department. From there, they would ultimately decide if I would continue on to the oral board, psych, poly, etc...now if the Sgt. doing the BI thought I was a good candidate, and would recommend me, would there really be any reason the department chiefs would say "no?"

I guess I'm just anxious and nervous, its getting close to the time when they list the dates for the rest of the tests, like the oral board, psych, poly, and so on.

Thanks for you help everyone.

Originally posted by EMMorneau View Post
    Hi everyone,

After completing the written and physical fitness test on September 6th, and turning in my personal history statement, I had my first meeting with my BI today. It was a very informal interview, he just had a few questions about my background, job history, etc. Nothing too major, and he seemed like he was going to recommended me, or a the least, there was nothing major in the PHS that would auto-dq me.

My only question is, he said that he would write down the facts, info, and pass it along to the chiefs in the department. From there, they would ultimately decide if I would continue on to the oral board, psych, poly, etc...now if the Sgt. doing the BI thought I was a good candidate, and would recommend me, would there really be any reason the department chiefs would say "no?"

I guess I'm just anxious and nervous, its getting close to the time when they list the dates for the rest of the tests, like the oral board, psych, poly, and so on.

Thanks for you help everyone.
    Okay, let's back up a little. This was your first meeting with the BI. What will happen now is the full Background Investigation. They are thorough, and will take a little time. Keep in mind that very seldom, if ever, does the Background Investigator make the decision as to who will be hired. He/she reports their findings to the designated person(s) in the hiring process. Probably one of the most difficult aspects of the hiring process is the waiting. You'll be doing quite a bit of that in the near future. I don't have a "magic bullet" to offer you concerning the waiting. Be as patient as you can, good luck in your efforts.

Comment

Thank you PhilipCal,

I guess I was getting a little ahead of myself there. Just from what he was saying to me, it seemed like the BI was all but over. He contacted my references, went over my job history, income, credit check, mentioed he was going to take it to the chiefs, and really everything else on my PHS. But he did mention he has yet to check out the medical history, so you're right.

Thanks again!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4133 users online. 272 members and 3861 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X