300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which position should I pursue?

I was a candidate for the local sheriffs office but was put aside due to my previous work history. I had too many jobs and was not stable due to moving around a few times. My BI said to stay at my job for 6 months and then contact back then. Now I have been at my first job for 2 years and 2 months and my 2nd job (both full time) for 1 year and 6 months. I am in very good standings at both jobs. I dont know if I am disqualified completely but nobody has returned my calls or e-mails in over a week.

Anyway, In my first job I am able to start training to become a supervisor in my department. However I am also able to transfer to the security department. My question is will it look better to the LE deptartment if I get promoted to supervisor or if I transfer to the security department??? The pay is the same for both jobs if it makes a difference.

As long as you are not changing employers, either choice should be acceptable.

The background is not an evaluation where points are scored or things are weighed back and forth. (Saving someone's life does not make up for that time you sold dope in college.)

Instead, the background simply looks for things in your personal history that meet the criteria for disqualification. Based on your post, your inability to hold a steady job for a significant period of time met your agency's criteria for DQ when you previously applied. Assuming your current employment length meets your agency's present criteria, you should be good to go. Whether you promote or transfer within the same employer should have no bearing on the DQ criteria.
    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8662 users online. 454 members and 8208 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X