300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYPD Medical

Can someone please tell me what the medical includes? Do they draw blood or not? Do they allow people with asthma in the academy?

Please help
    Decided against NYPD
    Wasted my time with that

Amtrak PD Exam 8/07 Passed
    Interview 2/19/09 Passed
    Written Psych 2/19/09 Passed
    BI "Blue Book" Turned in 2/23
    Oral Psych 3/11/09 Passed
    BI Meeting 10/04/09- BI Complete
    Medical ?
    Academy ?

Originally posted by BMAC8411 View Post
    Can someone please tell me what the medical includes? Do they draw blood or not? Do they allow people with asthma in the academy?

Please help
    The initial medical that starts the NYPD recruitment process is fairly simple. It involves a lot of paperwork, make sure you bring the listed items AND a photocopy of your NYS driver's license. The actual medical just involves a hearing test, eye chart test, blood pressure and a quick, simple physical test. The physical test involves about twenty guys in their underwear, in a room with a doctor standing on one foot, etc. Simple tests to see if you have a bum ankle or knee.

About the asthma, I really don't know. They'll ask you about it and you'll have to include it in your paperwork. My guess (and it's only a guess) is that it depends on the severity of your asthma. Maybe someone else on these boards has a better answer.
    NYPD Exam #8000

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6364 users online. 355 members and 6009 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X