300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Statement of Personal History

How important is getting the dates right on previous employment on my SPH? I have learned since my original application that some of my dates are most likely incorrect and 2 of the jobs have since closed down making it impossible to gather the information. Will I be marked down for this? I figure all I can do at this point is let my BI know and they will take it form there, I suppose. Any thoughts on this? Thanks in advance for the help.

While I can't exactly answer the question, I too had a similar problem while filling out my PHS. Mind you, I'm not a LEO, and there will be much, much more informed people than me to reply to your question.

But, in my case, two places where I worked closed down in 2002, and in 2003. I did not know the exact dates of being hired, nor did I remember the exact dates of when I quit. I should have gotten a work history paper from the IRS or Social Security department, but from what I understand it doesn't give exact dates either. I did however write down approximate dates, and am only off by a week or so.

For the two closed down businesses, I did a little digging on the internet, and was able to find general employee/switchboard numbers for them. However, they both were national places, and not strictly local so it might not apply to you. The place that closed down in 2003 was actually bought out by another company and changed names, making it even more confusing.

At the end of the PHS, per their instructions, I stapled a piece of notebook paper explaining the situation and confusion over the exact dates and the closing of those two places. Thats all I could really do, as it really was out of my hands. So, if they allow it, write down neatly on a sheet of notebook paper, explaining your situation. I'm sure they would understand. Just make sure the dates are as close as you can remember, and maybe dig a little on the net to find the main numbers, or owners of those business. Or at least, your supervisors number.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by abovemediocrity View Post
      How important is getting the dates right on previous employment on my SPH? I have learned since my original application that some of my dates are most likely incorrect and 2 of the jobs have since closed down making it impossible to gather the information. Will I be marked down for this? I figure all I can do at this point is let my BI know and they will take it form there, I suppose. Any thoughts on this? Thanks in advance for the help.
      You need to come as close to the actual dates as possible. A trip to the Social Security Office might help, in that they can pull up your work history. There is a fee for this, but it can be helpful in nailing down dates in your history. Situations where an employer goes out of business, or a manager/supervisor is no longer employed are common. You do the best you can to provide the most accurate information possible. It's the willful ommissions, or conscious failures to disclose required information that will DQ an applicant.

Comment

Thanks a ton

I appreciate your help.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5387 users online. 307 members and 5080 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X