Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question regarding past college history..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question regarding past college history..

On each application to take the civil service exams it is asking about past college experience.

I attended a community college for about a year and didn't do well there at all. I was young, and didn't take it seriously like I should have. I ended up going to another school, and graduating with an IT degree.

I only gained about 25 credits from that school, I was wondering if I should list it because I did so poorly? My assumption is yes.. but I was curious on your opinions guys.

Thanks
    Trying to get on in NY...
    PM me if you hear of any upstate NY departments that are giving a civil service test.

Originally posted by SupraRy View Post
    On each application to take the civil service exams it is asking about past college experience.

I attended a community college for about a year and didn't do well there at all. I was young, and didn't take it seriously like I should have. I ended up going to another school, and graduating with an IT degree.

I only gained about 25 credits from that school, I was wondering if I should list it because I did so poorly? My assumption is yes.. but I was curious on your opinions guys.

Thanks
    Just list it. It's not going to hurt you.You have a degree that's the important thing. it shows you stuck with it even though you had a ruff go at first.

Comment

Originally posted by CragCrawler View Post
      Just list it. It's not going to hurt you.You have a degree that's the important thing. it shows you stuck with it even though you had a ruff go at first.
      That's what I thought, thanks for the advice.
      Trying to get on in NY...
      PM me if you hear of any upstate NY departments that are giving a civil service test.

Comment

List everything , and make sure you dont forget the "little" stuff. These agencies will often dig up stuff you may have forgotten and they dont like to feel that you omitted something.

Let the BI decide what is relevant.
        "Relax"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3387 users online. 193 members and 3194 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X