300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYPD Walk In Exam 8310

I'm looking for some input on this. I took the NYPD walk in exam on 9/6/08, exam # 8310. My raw score was 94.118%, after the 5 residency points I should have a total score of 99.118%. What are my chances for getting into the January 2009 Academy?

Side note, friend of mine took the scheduled NYPD exam in October 2 years ago. He started the Academy a few months after that in January. Will I face the same luck with my situation?

Congratulations on passing the exam. You passed with a great score. I passed exam 8120 which was given in July. Everyone who passes the exams before January is eligible for the January Academy. (They actually should have told you that before the exam was given.) I got my letter a couple weeks ago ordering me to show up for my medical (it's today actually), but I am excused because I am out of state. I called applicant processing, and I am going to do their Quest program in November. With all that said, the process is much bigger than just passing the written exam. I've passed the written exam for a few departments in the past and didn't get hired. You still have to go through the medical, the psychological (which I hear is brutal with the NYPD), the JST, etc. As for your buddy and the fast hiring, yes, the NYPD has a very quick process. An aquiantance of mine who's an NYPD cop took the written test, and a month and a half later she was in the academy. So the quickness of hiring is pretty much standard. But that's pending the rest of your tests go smoothly. Good luck.
    Last edited by MDguy; 09-17-2008, 09:03 AM.

Comment

GMONEY718,
      I took 8307, which was a walk in exam in August and got roughly the same score as you. I was told I will be eligible for the January class but as MDguy said so is everyone that has taken the test before January. I know from a friend on the job that they will go through the list from July then mine in August, then your in September, so on and so on until they have a full class for January. If people postpone the class that’s better for us. Also you have to remember some of the people that took the test in July or even August may not have the college yet or may be missing things needed. Also must wonder how many fail the physical, medical, and psych. I know someone that took the exam last October or November and was in the January class because he had everything ready. The advice I got from my friend I will pass along to you, have all your ducks in a row. When I say that I mean have you HS Diploma, OFFICIAL college transcripts signed and sealed, 5 years of tax returns, employment history from 18 y/o until present, all addresses you lived at, and certificates of disposition for any criminal offenses. By having all of these things ready when you go the first day it makes the job of the BI easier and gets you through the process quicker. Order OFFICIAL college transcripts now and do not break the seal, they can take up to six weeks to come. I hope it works out for you and me both and maybe I'll see you in the January 2009 NYPD Academy.
      Decided against NYPD
      Wasted my time with that

Amtrak PD Exam 8/07 Passed
      Interview 2/19/09 Passed
      Written Psych 2/19/09 Passed
      BI "Blue Book" Turned in 2/23
      Oral Psych 3/11/09 Passed
      BI Meeting 10/04/09- BI Complete
      Medical ?
      Academy ?

Comment

bmac i also took exam 8307...have u heard anything yet?

Comment

I haven't heard anything yet but from the looks of things it usually takes two months to get a letter and then the process starts and moves rather quickly. From what my friends have told me they got their letters and once they started the process (medical first) they did everything else over a two week period and then simply waited and waited until they got the call for the academy.

I'll let you know when I hear something....please do the same.
          Decided against NYPD
          Wasted my time with that

Interview 2/19/09 Passed
          Medical ?
          Academy ?

Comment

bmac just givin u a heads up...i got my letter yesterday and have an appointment for a medical on 10/22

Comment

Me Too

Originally posted by giants86 View Post
              bmac just givin u a heads up...i got my letter yesterday and have an appointment for a medical on 10/22
              I was going to tell you the same thing but haven't been on line. I got the letter on Thursday. I'll be at Lefrak bright and early as I am sure you will be...I already got all my stuff ready and purchased the money orders today.
              Decided against NYPD
              Wasted my time with that

Interview 2/19/09 Passed
              Medical ?
              Academy ?

Comment

bmac, your just bringing a copy of your college transcripts correct? it says on my letter to bring a student copy but i know ive seen somewhere on these forums people talk about bringing in official sealed transcripts, since it says student copy on the letter im just going to bring that.

Comment

bmac, your just bringing a copy of your college transcripts correct? it says on my letter to bring a student copy but i know ive seen somewhere on these forums people talk about bringing in official sealed transcripts, since it says student copy on the letter im just going to bring that.
                  I don't have a student copy, I only have 3 official copies. I am going to bring 2 of them with me and they can do with them as they wish. My friend told me that if you bring the official copies they will accept them as well. To be honest with you I found the NYPD Candidate Resource Booklet on line and it actually says to bring other stuff as well. I am bringing everything so I have what they need and if they don't want it that day I'll just hang on to it until they do. Here is the link for the book, check it out.

Let me know what you think

http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/downloa...oklet_2005.pdf
                  Decided against NYPD
                  Wasted my time with that

Interview 2/19/09 Passed
                  Medical ?
                  Academy ?

Comment

ok cool, yea this looks good...hopefully everything goes well at the medical, im anxious for 10/22 to come bc i know once that day comes it all starts happening fast, are you going 10/22 also?

Comment

Anyone here who actually took the 8310 walk in test instead of the 8307? any news? should we even bother for the jan class? or just prepare for the july?

Comment

ok cool, yea this looks good...hopefully everything goes well at the medical, im anxious for 10/22 to come bc i know once that day comes it all starts happening fast, are you going 10/22 also?
                        Yup I am going 10/22 @ 0630 am which means I'll probably be there A 530 cause I won't be able to sleep. We'll have to make sure to meet each other that day.
                        Decided against NYPD
                        Wasted my time with that

Interview 2/19/09 Passed
                        Medical ?
                        Academy ?

Comment

Originally posted by Lacana View Post
                          Anyone here who actually took the 8310 walk in test instead of the 8307? any news? should we even bother for the jan class? or just prepare for the july?
                          When was 8310? If that was September you might get your letter in November and you never know about the January class, you just might make it. Personally I am hopping for January but I am always prepared for the worst if they make me wait until July.
                          Decided against NYPD
                          Wasted my time with that

Interview 2/19/09 Passed
                          Medical ?
                          Academy ?

Comment

bmac, how did u make out at the medical?

Comment

bmac, how did u make out at the medical?
                              I passed everything with no problem but I have to see the NYPD pulmonologist on Monday because I have Asthma. Its no big deal, just have to take a pulmonary function test before they let me do the JST. I had one about a month ago and passed with no problem. I made my appointment for Monday because I am going to meet my investigator Monday as well. Should be taking the psych and JST the first week of November.
                              Decided against NYPD
                              Wasted my time with that

Interview 2/19/09 Passed
                              Medical ?
                              Academy ?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5612 users online. 292 members and 5320 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X