300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I passed the PAT 2 but...

I had a question regarding the academy...

I have been working out, running 2 miles each day. I was wondering, once you get into the academy and you are running are you timed or do they just tell you to go run a mile or so and then come back after? Is there set times that you have to run so many miles in?

Help me so I can train better, and so I know exactly what I am looking forward to doing...

Thanks all!!!!!

Originally posted by armb127 View Post
    I had a question regarding the academy...

I have been working out, running 2 miles each day. I was wondering, once you get into the academy and you are running are you timed or do they just tell you to go run a mile or so and then come back after? Is there set times that you have to run so many miles in?

Help me so I can train better, and so I know exactly what I am looking forward to doing...

Thanks all!!!!!
    Good to hear you passed the PAT-2. What that says, in effect, is that you've met the minimum physical ability standards to enter the Academy. Once at the Academy, your class will do most, if not all of it's running as a group. There will be timed runs. The staff will aquaint you with these. The distances will increase as the academy progresses. You'll probably be doing runs of at least five miles by the time your class graduates. There's no law which says you can't train on your own. This will be in addition to the runs you'll do with your class.

Comment

Now if you are not able to keep up once in awhile with the group, does something happen to you? Do they get mad etc or send you home, or fire you. (worse case senerio)

Comment

Originally posted by armb127 View Post
        Now if you are not able to keep up once in awhile with the group, does something happen to you? Do they get mad etc or send you home, or fire you. (worse case senerio)
        You're going to have to meet all standards set by the Academy, and this includes Physical Training. Bottom line: You don't get a "Pass". That's why it's so essential that you train. Dedication is a very serious and needed attribute for graduation from the Academy. If you consistantly fail to meet standards, yes, they will fire you.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4420 users online. 243 members and 4177 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X