Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My legal stuff on the PHS...

Hi again everyone,

My background investigation started on Wednesday, so I'm just getting nervous/excited about the whole process.

I did have one question though, that maybe someone could help me out with. I mentioned it before when I posted it a couple months back, but here are all my "legal" problems that I put down. I did NOT leave any of them off, nor did I forget any past ones.

1. Parking citation on August 26, 2008 at NMSU parking lot. They have a policy of "first one free". I went to the campus police station, and got it taken care of the next day. I did not have to pay anything, since it was under the "first one free" rule. My only concern is that it was basically 2-3 weeks ago. Also, it leads to the next one....

2. Parking citation in November/December 2006 at NMSU parking lot. I was not a student at the time, just registering, so I couldn't use the "first one free" freebie. I paid the $50 fee online a few days later.

3. Issued warning for speeding, citation for not providing updated insurance in November 2001. Yes, it was a while ago, but I also failed to take care of the citation in court, and my license was suspended a year later. I paid the $100 fee in June of 2004, and renewed my license on July 3rd, 2004. I fully disclosed this on the PHS, stating the above. I have no excuses for taking so long to pay the fine.

4. A friend and I made a prank phone call from school to another student in March/April 1995, while in 8th grade. The student's parents charged us both (I don't remember with what though, maybe harassment?) However, the charges were dropped a few days later.

So, a few parking tickets, a suspended license from 7/6 years ago, and a possible harassment/phone prank charge back in 1995. The suspended license issue is big in my book, as its something I am personally ashamed of. Same with the prank phone call. They happened a while ago, but still...

Also, I wrote down that I did not remember the exact dates of the parking ticket from 2006, the exact date of the warning/citation from 2001, nor the exact date of the phone harassment back in 1995. I did provide a general time frame, correct year, and I wrote the approximate months.

I already turned in my PHS, and went over it a dozen times. I didn't leave anything out that I mentioned here, I am just a little nervous I guess, for having the suspended license issue, and not knowing the exact dates of when those things happened.

If I do make it to the polygraph, I want to make sure to mention that I just did not remember when exactly those issues happened, but that I wrote under the "extra info" section, that I wrote general dates.

Thanks guys
    Eric

Originally posted by EMMorneau View Post
    Hi again everyone,

My background investigation started on Wednesday, so I'm just getting nervous/excited about the whole process.

I did have one question though, that maybe someone could help me out with. I mentioned it before when I posted it a couple months back, but here are all my "legal" problems that I put down. I did NOT leave any of them off, nor did I forget any past ones.

1. Parking citation on August 26, 2008 at NMSU parking lot. They have a policy of "first one free". I went to the campus police station, and got it taken care of the next day. I did not have to pay anything, since it was under the "first one free" rule. My only concern is that it was basically 2-3 weeks ago. Also, it leads to the next one....

2. Parking citation in November/December 2006 at NMSU parking lot. I was not a student at the time, just registering, so I couldn't use the "first one free" freebie. I paid the $50 fee online a few days later.

3. Issued warning for speeding, citation for not providing updated insurance in November 2001. Yes, it was a while ago, but I also failed to take care of the citation in court, and my license was suspended a year later. I paid the $100 fee in June of 2004, and renewed my license on July 3rd, 2004. I fully disclosed this on the PHS, stating the above. I have no excuses for taking so long to pay the fine.

4. A friend and I made a prank phone call from school to another student in March/April 1995, while in 8th grade. The student's parents charged us both (I don't remember with what though, maybe harassment?) However, the charges were dropped a few days later.

So, a few parking tickets, a suspended license from 7/6 years ago, and a possible harassment/phone prank charge back in 1995. The suspended license issue is big in my book, as its something I am personally ashamed of. Same with the prank phone call. They happened a while ago, but still...

Also, I wrote down that I did not remember the exact dates of the parking ticket from 2006, the exact date of the warning/citation from 2001, nor the exact date of the phone harassment back in 1995. I did provide a general time frame, correct year, and I wrote the approximate months.

I already turned in my PHS, and went over it a dozen times. I didn't leave anything out that I mentioned here, I am just a little nervous I guess, for having the suspended license issue, and not knowing the exact dates of when those things happened.

If I do make it to the polygraph, I want to make sure to mention that I just did not remember when exactly those issues happened, but that I wrote under the "extra info" section, that I wrote general dates.

Thanks guys
    Eric
    Okay Eric, Understand,I can't speak officially for the department. Be prepared for some questions concerning the License Suspension. As long as all of this is one your PHS, I really don't see any problems. Simply accept responsibility for the times you dropped the ball.

Comment

Parking tickets................OMG forget about this career its over for you

Comment

Oh you got jokes Mainsquezze? Heh, just kidding, but I understand, gotcha. Like I wrote, I'm just nervous about the whole thing. My life really hasn't been all that exciting I suppose, maybe even a bit boring, so to me, parking tickets are fairly big.

And thanks again PhilipCal. If I sit and think about it, I can think of a thousand different excuses as to why I didn't go to court to get rid of the citation. Or, why I didn't pay it off sooner. In the end, they are all just excuses for being lazy. Heck, even that is an excuse.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4622 users online. 283 members and 4339 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X