300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Rejection.

Well I got my first notice in the mail today... its made me a firm believer in "No news is good news" now. I was rejected with the department I wanted most. It was either because I don't have much experience, or a degree of any type and others did, or because I bombed on the math section in testing for some reason (the time factor kept distracting me.)

Either way I've walked away abit more prepared for the next selection process. Completed afew PHQ's, written tests, and physical ability tests now - also managed to get past my first oral board (which wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.) I'll be allowed to reapply with the department the next time they open up so its not the end of the world (unless another department grabs me up.).

Just wanted to let you guys know I'm still trying atleast, most likely won't be the last rejection paper...
    Rockville City
    -Applied
    PG County Police
    -Going well

I agree, you've got the right mindset. Rejections happen all the time. Keep applying, keep trying, good luck!!

Comment

I hate to say it.....get used to it. I had so many rejections and then as soon as I had a job offer 2 more came in.

Comment

It sucks! At least for the first day or two, then you pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get right back in the game.
        You have definitely taken the right mental attitude regarding this. It is a learning experience. Whatever went wrong this time is something you can learn from and change so as to improve your chances in all the next chances. Do not give up!

Comment

no post 7---
          Last edited by BLETfun; 09-13-2008, 04:16 AM. Reason: wrong forum

Comment

I was rejected a few times, 3 to be exact. The agency that hired me pays much better then the others. Wait and good things will come

Comment

... and if the rejection letter sounds "harsh" ignore the wording its a generic msg.
              "Relax"

Comment

Well I'm at it again guys - PG County gave me a call afew days ago, just when I was wondering if they forgot about me. I've got to meet with a BI sometime later this month, and an oral board the start of the next. Atleast I feel like I'm getting somewhere again, trying to not let my hopes get all worked up either this time... wish me luck.
                Rockville City
                -Applied
                PG County Police
                -Going well

Comment

Good luck, Spookie!

Comment

Well its been awhile since I've posted but surely not awhile since I've been poking me head around in the forums - not to bring old news stiring but I wanted to post an update since I feel I've taken afew steps closer to becoming a police officer.

Lets start off with the bad news. While scoping out one of the police district I'd be riding along at I triggered a red lite camera (Ops!) it clocked me doing the speed limit, and I've already paid the fine - I just wasn't paying attention to the light all that much - more so to the interstate signs to get back home (live over a hour away)... I've already told my BI about the citation and I was wondering how you'd guys view me if I was your subject of investigation. Now on to the good news!

I've had the chance of completing my second oral board - at which went ten fold better then the first, I was recommended. I also managed to over think the polygraph process, was rather funny now that I look back on it - they are not as bad as I thought it would be. They haven't told me if I've passed for failed but that was over a month ago and they asked me to complete a mandatory ride along (10 hour shift)... at which even though the officer said was a boring night I thought it was fun - we found a drunk passed out around 4:30PM, friend took him home he didn't want EMS, a few hours later the same guy was wielding a knife and threatening family members... a few code 3 runs at which I just couldn't stop smiling. I think I'm going to enjoy this job abit to much.

Now all I've got left is the psychological evaluation and medical exam - very excited hope I get selected - hope the red lite camera won't hinder me to much. Either way thats my update - tried to keep it short gents and ladies. Look forward to telling you all I've been accepted, fingers crossed.
                    Last edited by Spookie; 12-05-2008, 03:49 PM. Reason: Additional notes, bad update.
                    Rockville City
                    -Applied
                    PG County Police
                    -Going well

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5003 users online. 254 members and 4749 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X