Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Application and past work experience question..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Application and past work experience question..

So I started filling out the Civil service application's to take a few upcoming test's and they are asking for work experience.

I've been at my current employer for about a year and 8 months and I feel like im doing well..

The application says "Have you ever been released from employment for any reason other than money/layed off" YES/NO

My question is my last job I was working as a tech for a large staffing agency and I worked for a specific manager for about a year, I then was asked if I would cover for someone at a different location who was going to be out for a few months so I said yes. I worked very hard for them. I then transferred and the new manager was awfull to work with, was "cleaning house" you could say because they were going to lose the contract for the IT work and I was let go on a friday.. out of nowhere. She didn't explain why or anything but made me sign a piece of paper which I should have read before signing. I think it was termination papers. She also fired three people that day. She was a nightmare to work for. I tried getting in contact with them but the company no longer has the contract there.. I assume I should list this on my application? Should I attach a sheet with all my previous experience and list in detail all the reasons for leaving etc? I dont want the fact that I got let go from that AWFULL job to ruin my LEO career chances..

Thanks everyone for the advice..

I also had a question regarding test taking.. I live in a smaller area and there are probably only 5-6 departments around me which all pull from the same civil service test. How in the heck do you get a job if 2000 people apply and there are only 10 positions or so? It would seem impossible to get a job.
    Last edited by SupraRy; 09-11-2008, 08:20 AM. Reason: Edit
    Trying to get on in NY...
    PM me if you hear of any upstate NY departments that are giving a civil service test.

List the job. If you think you were layed off because of a pending loss of work or loss of a contract, say so.

Yes, it can be extremely difficult to get an LE job.

Comment

no post 4---
      Last edited by BLETfun; 09-13-2008, 04:15 AM. Reason: wrong forum

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5406 users online. 297 members and 5109 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X