Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Drug Related Question

Hello
    This is my first post on this forum. Recently I've been thinking about becoming a LEO of some kind (officer or deputy) in the San Francisco Bay area. As I've been thinking more about it I've been wondering how my prior drug use could affect my possibility to be hired by an agency. I used to smoke weed pretty often when I was 14 years old. I stopped completely by the time I was 15 until I was 19 when I smoked twice more. I haven't smoked anything since then and I am 26 now. Obviously I made some bad decisions at when I was younger but it has been a long time since then and I have changed a lot.
    How do you think this will affect my chances at being hired?
    Thanks

Well I can tell you I have done a great deal of research about the different departments in my area ( santa cruz county ) and its anywhere from 1 to 7 years for pot use. But each agency is different so I would recommend to pick a few that you are interested and see what their policy is. I would say to try and find an agency that needs people, they will be more forgiving as far as drug use.

Good luck,

Comment

I dont think there is a problem because i smoked pot when i was 15 havent done it since did it a few times im 21 now and it really didnt seem to back me off in the process.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4128 users online. 212 members and 3916 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X