300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 years too long?

My fiancee is in the Marines and he will be getting stationed at a base where the nearest department of any size is an hour and half away. My grandpa is worried that once my fiancee finishes his contract and I can finally have a career few departments will want me because it will have been three years between graduation and starting a career. Im not sure what I will do in those 3 years, maybe start a family, learn Spanish and Sign Language and get a job on base doing security. I am just making sure that I will still be hirable if I do wait a few years to apply. By the way I am 21 now and will be 24ish when I start applying.
    And if anyone has any thoughts on how this will look to federal agencies as well any feedback is appriciated.
    I disapprove of what you say but I will fight to the death your right to say it- Voltaire

Marines girls say Oorah!

The cops never think it as funny as you do!

It depends if you are talking about sitting on your *** for three years or not. Your age will have nothing to do with it. As long as you do something (work, go to school or both) you will not have any problems. I'm not really sure what you're asking or what grandpa is saying. If gramps is saying don't be a deadbeat for three years, he is right. If he is saying that you are going to be too old or have forgotten something because you have been out of school for three years, he is wrong. There are plenty of mom's who stop working from the time the have kid/s until the kids are back in school and these women seem to be able to reenter the workforce--I know several of them.

Comment

Ok thanks! I definatly dont want to wait till I get into my career to have at least one kid. I will probubly do something, either school or work. Thanks for the responce. I definatly will not be sitting around doing nothing!
      I disapprove of what you say but I will fight to the death your right to say it- Voltaire

Marines girls say Oorah!

The cops never think it as funny as you do!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6299 users online. 333 members and 5966 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X