Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Past work experience on applications..

So I am filling out the request to take the civil service exam for the Albany NY PD.. they are asking for "Experience.. Describe any employment or occupation you have had which includes experience that tends to qualify you for the position sought."

They give space for four jobs, but I've had like 7 jobs in the past 8 years or so.. (Seasonal employment while in college, etc) Last two jobs were year + jobs.. I work in Information Technology now and I am pursuing a career change to Law Enforcement.

Do I attach another sheet with every job I've had since I was 16? I dont think I can remember exact dates which I was employed.. Any idea's how I could get past work history?

Thanks so much guys!!
    Trying to get on in NY...
    PM me if you hear of any upstate NY departments that are giving a civil service test.

Originally posted by SupraRy View Post
    So I am filling out the request to take the civil service exam for the Albany NY PD.. they are asking for "Experience.. Describe any employment or occupation you have had which includes experience that tends to qualify you for the position sought."

They give space for four jobs, but I've had like 7 jobs in the past 8 years or so.. (Seasonal employment while in college, etc) Last two jobs were year + jobs.. I work in Information Technology now and I am pursuing a career change to Law Enforcement.

Do I attach another sheet with every job I've had since I was 16? I dont think I can remember exact dates which I was employed.. Any idea's how I could get past work history?

Thanks so much guys!!
    From your post, I'd guess that the question concerns any past work experience which would have provided some correlation to law enforcement. That usually consists of any "public contact" jobs you have held. That could be as a sales rep, customer service rep, waiter, counter man, the list goes on. Public contact is simply that. Dealing with the public. Additionally, you can expect an agency to want a complete work history. That would include part time/seasonal employment. The Social Security Administration can assist you in pulling up work records based on Social Security Tax records. There's a fee for this, but it could probably save you some legwork. Be as accurate as you can when completing your work history, as departments tend to take these very seriously. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipCal View Post
      From your post, I'd guess that the question concerns any past work experience which would have provided some correlation to law enforcement. That usually consists of any "public contact" jobs you have held. That could be as a sales rep, customer service rep, waiter, counter man, the list goes on. Public contact is simply that. Dealing with the public. Additionally, you can expect an agency to want a complete work history. That would include part time/seasonal employment. The Social Security Administration can assist you in pulling up work records based on Social Security Tax records. There's a fee for this, but it could probably save you some legwork. Be as accurate as you can when completing your work history, as departments tend to take these very seriously. Good luck.

Thank you Phillip!! you are always so helpfull!
      Trying to get on in NY...
      PM me if you hear of any upstate NY departments that are giving a civil service test.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4304 users online. 206 members and 4098 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X