300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medical Marijuana

I am a medical marijuana user in the state of Colorado and was wondering would this bar me from becoming an LEO? I have a license for it and everything so I have all the documentation for it, it is prescribed to me for insomnia.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Ek0; 09-07-2008, 07:23 PM.

Originally posted by Ek0 View Post
    I am a medical marijuana user in the state of Colorado and was wondering would this bar me from becoming an LEO? I have a license for it and everything so I have all the documentation for it, it is prescribed to me for insomnia.

Thanks.
    While I certainly cannot speak officially for any LE agency, you can reasonably expect to encounter some problems as a result of your use of Marijuana.

Comment

Still a violation of federal law. We would not hire you. Last I checked Insomnia is not an approved medical condition for Medical use in Colorado.................Could it be a Troll
      Last edited by Monkeybomb; 09-07-2008, 10:28 PM.
      The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Regulation 6: Debilitating medical conditions and the process for adding new debilitating medical conditions
        A. Debilitating medical conditions are defined as cancer, glaucoma, and infection with or positive status for human immunodeficiency virus. Patients undergoing treatment for such conditions are defined as having a debilitating medical condition.
        B. Debilitating medical condition also includes a chronic or debilitating disease or medical condition other than HIV infection, cancer or glaucoma; or treatment for such conditions, which produces for a specific patient one or more of the following, and for which, in the professional opinion of the patient’s physician, such condition or conditions may reasonably be alleviated by the medical use of marijuana: cachexia; severe pain; severe nausea; seizures, including those that are characteristic of epilepsy; or persistent muscle spasms, including those that are characteristic of multiple sclerosis.
        C. Patients who have had a diagnosis of a debilitating medical condition in the past but do not have active disease and are not undergoing treatment for such condition are not suffering from a debilitating medical condition for which the medical use of marijuana is authorized.
        The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Find another career in your life. We don't need potheads in our profession. Your insomnia excuse is lame for your use of marijuana...
          Retired LASD

Comment

might want to reconsider, think about it you bust someone with MJ and you testify in court his attourney will eat you up, your creditability wont hold up to a traffic ticket in future cases
            In god i trust everyone else gets run on NCIC

Comment

Originally posted by Retired96 View Post
              Find another career in your life. We don't need potheads in our profession. Your insomnia excuse is lame for your use of marijuana...
              Should have expected these responses with some cops on power trips, it's a shame some of you ruin the reputation of the field like you do.

Comment

Medical marijuana is not approved by the FDA, so you could not be hired by a law enforcement agency. You'd have to be totally drug-free for whatever period of time they specify to be elibible for consideration.

If you have insomnia, try Ambien or one of the other sleeping pills. Also work on stress reduction techniques, exercise and maybe a stiff cocktail in the evening.

The difference is, alcohol is legal.
                Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Should have expected these responses with some cops on power trips, it's a shame some of you ruin the reputation of the field like you do.
                  Its not a power trip, I am a firm believer in no drug use for law enforcement.
                  Retired LASD

Comment

Did you expect him to hold your hand, coddle you and explain it?

It may have come across as brash, but it is 100% correct regardless of your mindset. You have absolutely zero room to comment on our profession as you're not a law enforcement officer, you do not have a valid "disease" that would warrant medicinal cannabis usage and I seriously doubt you have any law degree. Remember that you're on a police message board and asking us for advice. Don't get angry because we told you the truth versus what you wanted to hear.
                    Last edited by Ursao; 09-08-2008, 12:08 PM.

Comment

To the OP. You asked a question. OK, that's what we're here for. Looking over the replies, all I see is honest answers. If there's a power trip out there, I missed it. The situation is really as simple as this. If you use Marijuana and you apply to a LE agency for employment, you're going to face some major problems in achieving that goal. This is a fact regardless of all the medical, legal, and philosophic considerations out there. If you find that reply demeaning, then, I submit to you, that's your problem. Cops are pretty good at telling the unvarnished truth. Maybe not always diplomatically, but quite consistantly.

Comment

What makes you think you'd get hired while suffering from Insomnia?

We lose a lot of sleep as it is, you don't need to start out in the red.

M-11
                        “All men dream...... But not equally..
                        Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;
                        but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
                        for they act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.....”

TE Lawrence

Comment

Tylenol PM....

Comment

Medicinal use is still illegal, far as I'm concerned.
                            The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
                            that we are all that stands between
                            the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

It's a mind altering drug. No way should you be allowed to be a LEO. I wouldn't work with a drunk partner and I wouldn't work with a stoned one. I don't give two tiddlywinks if you're using it "legally" or not, that is so not the point.
                              sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4698 users online. 263 members and 4435 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X