300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PAT 2 / Medical

I have my PAT 2 / Medical on Monday, what should I expect???

Help me prepare!

Thanks!

I suggest that you try to prepare physically for it man, and if you havent good luck. Mine consisted of 1 1/2 miles, 40 yard swim, and as much pushups and sittups in a minute...Shouldnt be hard if you prepared. but good luck. O yea and the medical, not a big deal, just a check up...

Comment

The PAT 2 / Medical is hosted by LAPD. Is that what your's from? They didnt say anything about swimming??
      I think they said running on a treadmile. I just want to know for how long and distance!

Any help would be great!!!!

Thanks!!

Comment

Hi Armb127,

If I pass my written exam on Saturday, I take my PAT test on Sunday. But, just from digging around the LAPD website, their PAT 2 test is 1.5 miles on a treadmill, which actually takes around 10 minutes on their system. No swimming or anything like that. I don't know about the sit ups and push ups though.

As for the medical, I'm sure its just like any other medical checkup. Check for scoliosis, flexibility, hernia's, etc. Maybe they'll take blood. Thats just a guess though, as I'm assuming more people here know more than I do.

At any rate, good luck, and I'm sure you can dig around the net for more detailed info about your PAT test. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by armb127 View Post
          I have my PAT 2 / Medical on Monday, what should I expect???

Help me prepare!

Thanks!
          It's my understanding that the PAT determines your fitness to enter the Academy and perform physical training at a minimum level. Keep in mind that the PT in the Academy is progressive, and runs of up to five miles are common by the time a given class graduates. Okay, don't get too worried about that. Do the very best you can on the PAT. Once you're in the Academy, you'll need to work on your P/T in much the same manner as you will your academics. That is with diligence and discipline. Good luck in your PAT and Medical.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5394 users online. 306 members and 5088 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X