Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Starting the Police Academy (WI) on 9/8!

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting the Police Academy (WI) on 9/8!

Hello,

Well, I will be starting the 520 Basic Recruit Academy (WI) on Monday. I'm pretty nervous, and I'm not really sure what to expect. I do have a B.A. in CJ, so I think I have a decent foundation, but I'm kind of nervous about this.

How quickly do the weeks go by (or not)? I have 13 weeks of 7:30 a.m.-4 p.m. M-F.

Also, I'm currently running 9 minute miles. I should probably be running like 3-4, but I've been doing a mile about 3 times a week for the last couple of months.

Lastly, what can I expect during Firearms, DAAT, and EVOC?

Thanks much!

Originally posted by JLH81 View Post
    Hello,

Also, I'm currently running 9 minute miles. I should probably be running like 3-4, but I've been doing a mile about 3 times a week for the last couple of months.

Lastly, what can I expect during Firearms, DAAT, and EVOC?

Thanks much!
    I can't tell you what to expect, every police academy is different.

You'll be fine.. just show up on time, and study and most importantly, HAVE FUN! You'll make a lot of friends in the academy.. some of which I still have contact with today.

Comment

Not a LEO,
      however i am going through an academy in Michigan right now. Like the previous post said, every academy is different. My academy is para-military style.

Like he said be on time, if you wear uniforms keep them squared away, Yes and No sir. Do what they say, they tell you for a reason. You'll be fine

As far as PT goes, give it your all, show them you are giving them 100% and they won't complain as much. I know in ours we run more than 1 mile, if you can try and do more, don't get comfortable with just 1 mile.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3289 users online. 209 members and 3080 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X