Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Written exam on Saturday....

Hi everyone,

After applying in April, my written exam for the city of Las Cruces is this Saturday. To say I'm excited/anxious would be an understatement. Back in early August, I checked out a study guide from the local library, and it was really helpful. A lot of stuff over math, vocabulary, memory, reading comprehension, things like that.

Other than that stuff, does anyone have any good general advice they could share? I understand every department is different, but I'm also guessing they are somewhat similar throughout the country.

Either way, thanks for reading.
    Eric

Originally posted by EMMorneau View Post
    Hi everyone,

After applying in April, my written exam for the city of Las Cruces is this Saturday. To say I'm excited/anxious would be an understatement. Back in early August, I checked out a study guide from the local library, and it was really helpful. A lot of stuff over math, vocabulary, memory, reading comprehension, things like that.

Other than that stuff, does anyone have any good general advice they could share? I understand every department is different, but I'm also guessing they are somewhat similar throughout the country.

Either way, thanks for reading.
    Eric
    Eric, most written exams test general knowledge: the subjects you mentioned in your post. There may also be some questions which will test your ability to reason or solve basic problems. Realistically, you want to score as highly as possible on the written exam. The higher the score, the better the opportunity to advance in the process. Try to get as much rest the night before the test. (Easy for me to say). Get to the test site on time, or even a few moments early. Dress neatly, but casually. Do not rush through the exam. Read each question carefully, and be certain you fully understand it. At the same time, don't agonize over, or second guess yourself on a given question. Good luck, and test well!!

Comment

Thank you MvExplorer, and thanks as always PhilipCal.

If I pass the written exam, I take the fitness test the next day too. That one I'm not too worried about, I've been running and doing push ups and sit ups for the past month now. I know I can pass both, I just have to believe in it!

Thanks guys!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6024 users online. 358 members and 5666 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X