300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First rejection letter

I applied a few weeks ago at a sheriffs department down here in southwest florida for a correction sponsorship, i passed the poly but a couple days later i recieved a letter saying i was not selected. I called a day later to find out why i wasnt selected. I was told because of past employee theft, which i had admitted to during the poly. ( i work in a grocery store, not that its acceptable but its very common to take things to eat while your at work, they seemed more concerned about the last time being only about 4 months ago. I obviously stopped taking things as soon as i entertained the idea of applying. Regardless i'm only 19 young, and i've definetly learned cause this rejection was a huge blow to me.

However my biggest concern was the next reason they told me i didnt make it. They said im in association with a user of marijuana. Isn't everyone lol? They are talking about my gf's dad. Who i repeatedly stated in my poly screening that i made as absolutlely little contact with as possible. Seeing him maybe only once a month or less. Now there had been times where i got stuck riding in a car with him while he was smoking, but regardless i told my poly examiner everything about my life and my gf's dad. I've never once smoked anything in my life besides half a cigar. Is this really means for a non select?

I definetly understand that the stealing was completely wrong and definetly means for a non select but just in very light association with a pot smoker?
    Either way my next move is to finish up my AA and start trying for other departments i'll be 21 by then so i'll be able to go for what i really want (deputy)

Thanks guys.

I've never heard of being disqualified for knowing someone that smokes pot. But don't worry about that..

I think what took it over the top was that you have stolen something within the past year. Only time will fix that..

Police officers have to be dependable and honest. The last thing a department wants is a police officer who gives the entire department a bad reputation because he stole weed out of the evidence room. I see many opportunities every day as a police officer to run off with something, and nobody would ever know. Do I? No.. I haven't stolen anything since I was 13 or so.

My suggestion to you is to keep straight and from now on be the most honest person you can be.

Comment

Time Heals All...

Originally posted by scrhs13 View Post
      I applied a few weeks ago at a sheriffs department down here in southwest florida for a correction sponsorship, i passed the poly but a couple days later i recieved a letter saying i was not selected. I called a day later to find out why i wasnt selected. I was told because of past employee theft, which i had admitted to during the poly. ( i work in a grocery store, not that its acceptable but its very common to take things to eat while your at work, they seemed more concerned about the last time being only about 4 months ago. I obviously stopped taking things as soon as i entertained the idea of applying. Regardless i'm only 19 young, and i've definetly learned cause this rejection was a huge blow to me.

However my biggest concern was the next reason they told me i didnt make it. They said im in association with a user of marijuana. Isn't everyone lol? They are talking about my gf's dad. Who i repeatedly stated in my poly screening that i made as absolutlely little contact with as possible. Seeing him maybe only once a month or less. Now there had been times where i got stuck riding in a car with him while he was smoking, but regardless i told my poly examiner everything about my life and my gf's dad. I've never once smoked anything in my life besides half a cigar. Is this really means for a non select?

I definetly understand that the stealing was completely wrong and definetly means for a non select but just in very light association with a pot smoker?
      Either way my next move is to finish up my AA and start trying for other departments i'll be 21 by then so i'll be able to go for what i really want (deputy)

Thanks guys.
      I read what OCC wrote and I agree wholeheartedly. You should follow the plan you spoke of and wait until you hit 21 or 22. A few years between you and that incident, and absolute honesty when you speak to your BI and the poly person will go a long way to make that seem like what it was...a mistake.
      As for the "known associate" thingie, man that is strange. My brother and sister both have criminal jackets about three inches thick. Now I readily admit this to any of the agencies I applied to and no one has yet to tell me that it would be an issue. I won't say that this may be a regional thing though. I live in Northern California and its hard not to know anyone in either a gang, or who hasn't smoked pot.
      Hang in there! Sounds like you are doing the right things and they will pay off with determination and discipline.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5921 users online. 354 members and 5567 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X