300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple amendments to PHF bad?

I'm currently in the background phase for LAPD, Port and Airport (I checked all 3) and am wondering if faxing in amendments to my PHF i sbad. I have not changed anything, as I went over my application more than 5 times before turning it in to be sure it was accurrate- but I moved A LOT from age 15, changed schools 3 times and did many evening jobs on top of my regular 9-5s. At the time of my app, some of these things just slipped my mind, and so far I've faxed in a total of 6 amendments (each time I find something else out, or remember something I do a fax cover and send it over). My question is, is this normal? Could it be perceived as being dishonest, or disorganized and affect me negatively in the background/hiring process? So far it's been a great experience and I'm scheduled for the poly, so I don't want to mess up but unfortunately a lot just slipped my mind despite my best effort to be as thorough as possible (in the course of requesting records etc, I've learned a lot about myself that I forgot in the last 10+ years). Here are a couple examples of the amendments I've made so far:
    *I requested DMV history and when received remembered that I left an old address off my application.

*Change in LE contacts (I remembered that a neighbor/close family friend was an LEO and she said I could put her down as an LE contact, so I added that). I faxed this update in with other information that was requested at the time of the initial background, like:
    *You didn't include an address for x reference, or a work phone number/address for x family member etc.

*I found out that I owed on a ticket from long ago (Approximately 2 years, but the clerk couldn't give me much information. I don't even remember getting it, let alone owing). I wrote in immediately after finding out, stating that I've requesting time away from work to go to the courthouse and get more information, that I did not know about it when filling out my application etc.
    Just 3 examples, but I've done this 6 times already. I'm hoping not to annoy anyone in background, but I just want to be as honest as possible.
    Thank You for any advice.
    Last edited by gipettoe; 09-02-2008, 02:37 AM.
    "Carving a new life for myself"

If faxing in ammendments to your PHF is acceptable with Personnel, I don't see a problem with it per se. While you certainly need to be truthful, and as accurate as possible in completing your PHF, inability to recall an address(as a child) happens rather often. Of all the items you mentioned, the most potentially damaging is the unpaid citation. That needs to be addressed as soon as possible. I'm going to suggest that you go to www.policebackground.net. This is a website and forum dedicated to providing comprehensive information to persons going through the LAPD, and allied LA City departments. I believe you'll find it helpful.

Comment

Thanks PhilipCal, will definitely check that out.
      "Carving a new life for myself"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6266 users online. 311 members and 5955 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X