300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being threatened

A person is calling my cell, claiming to come beat me up. I’m not exactly shaking in my boots. I told him to stop calling me or I will contact the authorities and report him for harassing me over the phone. He claims he has my address that he pulled off of my phone number. He is a big mouth who I have never seen and claims he has 14 charges and 1 more won't make that big of a difference... yadda yadda yadda.... So... That brings me to my 3 short questions.

1 - What do I need to have in order to report him to the police? Phone record? Recorded conversation?
    2 - What does police do? Do they send an officer to the individual’s house to warn them?
    3 - If he does come knocking on my door and tries to assault me, can i whoop his *** to teach him a lesson?

I don't wanna change my #.

Thank you.

can someone move this to ask-a-cop please? I dont want to double post.

Comment

1) If what you're saying is true, you already have enough to report him. From this point forward, document each and every time he calls (Time of call, what was said (both you and he), and time of hang-up). Try to record it if you can (just gives you a little something extra to work with).... but don't tell him that. If it moves forward, the SA can subpoena the phone records.

2) Most likely, the police will just have a word with him either via phone or going to his place of residence. If you want to press charges, that will be handled in the future, but you still need to contact your local law enforcement so that it's documented in case it happens again.

3) If he tries to force his way into your HOME? Yes. Do not taunt or encourage him into doing so, however, because it will hurt your case against him very badly. If the kid knocks on your door, call 911 and wait for the cavalry to show up..... avoid a physical confrontation as best as you can, but again, if he tries to actually enter your residence, he is taking it to a whole new level (B&E, various assault counts, etc).
      1*

Comment

Thank you, kind Sir.

Comment

Originally posted by Chit2001 View Post
          1) If what you're saying is true, you already have enough to report him. From this point forward, document each and every time he calls (Time of call, what was said (both you and he), and time of hang-up). Try to record it if you can (just gives you a little something extra to work with).... but don't tell him that. If it moves forward, the SA can subpoena the phone records.

2) Most likely, the police will just have a word with him either via phone or going to his place of residence. If you want to press charges, that will be handled in the future, but you still need to contact your local law enforcement so that it's documented in case it happens again.

3) If he tries to force his way into your HOME? Yes. Do not taunt or encourage him into doing so, however, because it will hurt your case against him very badly. If the kid knocks on your door, call 911 and wait for the cavalry to show up..... avoid a physical confrontation as best as you can, but again, if he tries to actually enter your residence, he is taking it to a whole new level (B&E, various assault counts, etc).
          X-2. In Alabama, the caller could be charged with "Harrasing Communications.
          Your situation will governed by Ontario Provincial law. Follow the very good advice my collegue gave you.

Comment

Originally posted by Chit2001 View Post

+1 to what Chit said. If you know the person, contact the police in HIS jurisdiction, not yours. Where I'm at, telephone harassment calls have to be made to the jurisdiction they are coming from and not the jurisdiction they are being received in.

If you don't know the person, I recommend contacting your jurisdiction with the complaint. And make sure you document every call you receive from him, including the phone numbers (if they vary at all).
            sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2957 users online. 161 members and 2796 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X