Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passed Civil Service, Passed Physical

I'm on the list....

Passed by the skin of the teeth though, score of 70, minimum passing score.

There are 21 people on the list, 4 with a 70 score, rest above.

There were 4 lateral officers at the exam, all 4 failed the civil service exam

I'm excited because I passed, but bummed because I only scored 70...

On the other hand, I'm dutch from origin, only lived in the states 4 years, and US citizen since 6 months, and I passed a test that only 20some out of 50some passed.

mixed feelings....

Ready for the rest of the process though...

Originally posted by alzzstar View Post
    I'm on the list....

Passed by the skin of the teeth though, score of 70, minimum passing score.

There are 21 people on the list, 4 with a 70 score, rest above.

There were 4 lateral officers at the exam, all 4 failed the civil service exam

I'm excited because I passed, but bummed because I only scored 70...

On the other hand, I'm dutch from origin, only lived in the states 4 years, and US citizen since 6 months, and I passed a test that only 20some out of 50some passed.

mixed feelings....

Ready for the rest of the process though...
    With a minimum passing score, you can expect to remain on the list for a considerable period of time. It's very possible the list you're on will expire before you're ever called to compete further in the process. Police hiring is essentially a numbers game. How rapidly a person moves up on the list is based largely on the number of applicants an agency will hire in a given year. If only one or two vacancies are anticipated, you'll remain on the list for a lengthy period and not be called. OTH, there is absolutely no reason why you can't test for other departments and achieve a much higher score. There are any number of publications and study guides available at reasonable cost to assist you in scoring highly on written exam. Realistically, you'll really need to score in the mid to high nineties to have any expectation of advancing in the process. With study and application, you can achieve the needed high score. Hope things work out for you.

Comment

At least you passed, I made a 74 on mine. Out of 40 people that took the test there were 14 that made it to the background phase. Out of the 14 they got 4 to the oral board. 2 made it from there me and another guy, he failed his polly, so iam the sole survior. I have no prior L.E. so it goes to show ya that you just need to keep your head up, you never know what might happen.

Good Luck!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4613 users online. 291 members and 4322 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X