300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Background Process

Just recently went thru my background Interview with my investigator(Wow! and was it intense!). I had a couple shaky spots like my credit history and a few tickets back when i was 18 or 19 for speeding now im 25 and have no points on my record and no other criminal records. They say bad news travels fast and the whole time the investigator would say "oh you dont have a chance, and you should just withdraw from the process and any others your in right now." Have they talked to you about withdrawing?" I just really felt he was just trying to break me(which he didnt) and i just stuck to my guns. But the whole point of the question is if you get D'qd how long does it normally take before you are notified? Any kind of information would help, Thanks.

FWIW, most agencies are hurting for qualified applicants. Playing games such as telling you that you don't have a chance and should withdraw, when there is nothing in your background that would DQ you, violates so many civil service rules that in California, it would cost a BI a few days off without pay and get him reassigned back to patrol on graveyard shift if he got caught doing so.

I suspect there is a tad more to the story, as "a couple shaky spots like my credit history and a few tickets back when I was 18 or 19 for speeding" should not result in a "Wow! and was it intense!" description of a BI interview. Perhaps you need to strongly reassess those negative areas of your background that your BI pointed out to you.

Notification time will vary from agency to agency. Some will require that the full background be done anyway and then the DQ, which may take several months. Others will go with the initial DQ factors alone, which may take several weeks.
    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Thanks for the response. When i say intense i just mean the questions they ask you and the delivery of the questions of how they come across. Before I went in on my interview i was forewarned by applicant who was on his second try that if i get this guy this is what would happen(boy was he right). This BI wasn't apart of the department he was from an outside agency they use to do all background investigations on applicants.

Comment

You should also keep in mind that Background Investigators are not the ones who do the hiring. They conduct an investigation to determine whether or not a candidate meets the standards for disqualification. They typically report their findings to persons higher up in the decision making process. Quite often, they can make a recomendation concerning an applicant, but rarely, if ever, make the final call. While I don't expect you to go into it here, my sense is that quite possibly the "shaky credit" situation, or the driver history may have caused you some problems. I totally concur with L-1's statement concerning a BI suggesting you withdraw. That is not his/her function, and would be the cause of disciplinary action with many agencies.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5091 users online. 312 members and 4779 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X