300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potential Work History Problem

Overall, I have a good history with past and present employers. However, I made a big mistake over a year ago when I took a job as a part-time corrections officer and quit after only two days in the jail. It was lack of maturity and I have ever since regretted quitting, but I had school, another job at my college PD, and my law enforcement internship. How is this going to effect my possibilities of a future law enforcement job? I have a good background, I'm a hard worker, but I am a little worried about this.

It shouldn't hurt you at all.

Comment

Originally posted by ROD13 View Post
      It shouldn't hurt you at all.
      Thanks for your input. I think the hardest part is going to be trying to explain my mistake to a panel of interviewers. I obviously made a mistake, but I need to express how I worked to fix this problem of inmaturity at this stage in my life.

Comment

You accept responsibility for quitting so soon. Make no excuses, don't justify or rationalize. I don't see your decision as a career killer. Continue to demonstrate your maturity by doing well in school, or at any job you currently hold. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipCal View Post
          You accept responsibility for quitting so soon. Make no excuses, don't justify or rationalize. I don't see your decision as a career killer. Continue to demonstrate your maturity by doing well in school, or at any job you currently hold. Good luck!
          Thanks for your advice.This mistake is my biggest concern and I appreciate your input.
          Last edited by sheeds; 08-30-2008, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Absolutely

Originally posted by sheeds View Post
            Overall, I have a good history with past and present employers. However, I made a big mistake over a year ago when I took a job as a part-time corrections officer and quit after only two days in the jail. It was lack of maturity and I have ever since regretted quitting, but I had school, another job at my college PD, and my law enforcement internship. How is this going to effect my possibilities of a future law enforcement job? I have a good background, I'm a hard worker, but I am a little worried about this.
            Sheeds, relax, take a breath and think positively. It doesn't sound like a big deal, at least in the light of how you've explained it. Don't worry about it going into an oral interview. You'll have plenty of time to explain it in the background interview. They will be able to look into it and as long as its as you say....no problemo!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5879 users online. 357 members and 5522 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X