Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working in the US

Hi,

I’m looking for some advice on moving to the US from Scotland to work as a Scene Examiner.

Over here in Scotland we work as a separate government company beside the police doing crime scene investigations, I am employed in Glasgow and have 2 years scene experience and an MSc in Forensic Science.

I’ve been searching trying to find how the US operate their scene exams but each state seems to be different, also I am not sure how I stand on being a non-US citizen for this role. I’d love the opportunity to work in America and swap scene knowledge but I’m just stuck on how to get sponsorship for the H1B visa!

Any advice would be great,

Thank you
    Laura

Some states will hire police officers who aren't American citizens and some won't. My state (Alaska) will.

BTW: I spent a summer in Old Drumchapel a loooongg time ago. I love Glasgow.

Comment

Judging from my research (considering moving from Ireland to USA) it looks as if most CSI are hired by the individual PD. It doesn't look as if you'll have to be an officer however; which is highly to your advantage.

May I suggest you contact the authorities in the states you'd like to live in?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3031 users online. 183 members and 2848 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X